DNS-340L - Compatible with Alt-F ?

CPerpaduan

Nov 12, 2016, 1:01:09 AM11/12/16
to Alt-F
Guys,

A. I have a 340L. Anyone here with experience with this unit? Its basically a 4 bay device.

Specs:

CPU Marvell Armada 370 88F6707-A1 C120 @ 1.2GHz
RAM 512 MB Hynix DDR3 (x2)
Flash 128 MB Hynix
Ethernet Marvell 88E1518 Gigabit Ethernet (x2)
USB 3.0 Etron Tech EJ168A
SATA Marvell 88SE9215 4 port PCIe 2.0 SATA 6Gb/s and PATA Host Controller

B. If I brick this device with Alt-F, anyway to safely restore the Dlink firmware ?

Appreciate some insight...

João Cardoso

Nov 12, 2016, 10:51:11 AM11/12/16
to Alt-F
That would be an excellent addition to the Alt-F list of supported devices, but it is currently not supported.

It shouldn't be too difficult to port Alt-F to the DNS-345L, as it seems to be very similar to the DNS-327L, and D-Link reuses some of its electronic boards (the DNS-320-rev-B has the same electronic board as the DNS-320L-rev-A).

For initial development, and eventual unbricking, a serial to USB adapter needs to be soldered in the box, and that will void your warranty.
Then, linux knowledge, try and error and perseverance is needed to accomplish the task.

As I have not such box, it is not feasible for me to do it. Do you have linux expertise?

CPerpaduan

Nov 14, 2016, 12:47:29 AM11/14/16
to Alt-F
Joao,

I am comfortable with linux but soldering on a USB connector etc, i dont want to do that.
Btw the box is a 340L ,not 345L