DLink 320L Unmount Drives

Peter McClymont

May 16, 2017, 9:22:01 PM5/16/17
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I was wondering does Alt + f have an instruction manual?

I installed Alt + f to my Dlink 320L, and cannot re-partition the disk that is in there. The disk was previously partitioned from the previous firmware.

Every time I select the option to make the disk all one drive, plus to format ext4, it tried to unmount the disk, but complains that I have services running.

I turned off the samba service, and the only other services running I was not able to turn off, such as ssh, rsync, telnet, ftp etc.

What next?

João Cardoso

May 17, 2017, 12:02:00 PM5/17/17
to Alt-F

On Wednesday, 17 May 2017 02:22:01 UTC+1, Peter McClymont wrote:
Hi,

I was wondering does Alt + f have an instruction manual?

You can write one yourself and put it in the wiki

I installed Alt + f to my Dlink 320L,

what Alt-F version?

and cannot re-partition the disk that is in there. The disk was previously partitioned from the previous firmware.

Every time I select the option to make the disk all one drive, plus to format ext4, it tried to unmount the disk, but complains that I have services running.

I turned off the samba service, and the only other services running I was not able to turn off, such as ssh, rsync, telnet, ftp etc.

Try that System->Utilities, Services, StopAll, right after a reboot; then Disk->Wizard.

The reason is that the disk is being used, and you can't partition and format a disk that is being used.
On latter Alt-F versions, you can (try) stopping the disk from being used under Packages->Alt-F, section "Packages Installed On"

What next?

Peter McClymont

May 18, 2017, 6:18:12 AM5/18/17
to Alt-F
Hi,

I am running this version,

Alt-F 0.1RC5 with kernel 3.18.28

Thanks. But the steps below didn't work for me.

Tried a few other things, but no joy so far.

João Cardoso

May 18, 2017, 12:27:30 PM5/18/17
to Alt-F

On Thursday, 18 May 2017 11:18:12 UTC+1, Peter McClymont wrote:
Hi,

I am running this version,

Alt-F 0.1RC5 with kernel 3.18.28

You should not have any ssh/telnet/ftp sessions opened, otherwise the disk will be in use! Use only the webUI after a reboot, or you will not be able to unmount the disk for latter repartition/reformat.

Have you tried under Packages->Alt-F, on section "Packages Installed On", hit the "Delete" button and reboot (you might not even need to reboot)? Or if that fails, uncheck the "Boot Enabled", Submitting, and rebooting (here you have to reboot)?
On the next reboot the disk will not be used by Alt-F and you should be able to repartition and reformat it.

Thanks. But the steps below didn't work for me.

Tried a few other things, but no joy so far.

What other things? Being vague does not helps.