NTFS is grayed out, how do I format the drive to NTSF so Windows 10 will see the network drive

Pete Philomey

May 9, 2016, 9:29:38 PM5/9/16
to Alt-F
New install, able to use Web interface, 2 4 TB drives Windows 10 see's folders but does not let me write to them.

Thanks

João Cardoso

May 10, 2016, 11:10:03 AM5/10/16
to Alt-F

On Tuesday, 10 May 2016 02:29:38 UTC+1, Pete Philomey wrote:
New install, able to use Web interface, 2 4 TB drives Windows 10 see's folders but does not let me write to them.

This has nothing to do with the thread subject, "NTFS is grayed out". To make it active install the ntfs-3g-ntfsprogs Alt-F package.
That only allows you to format drives using ntfs and has *nothing* to do with "Windows 10 see's folders but does not let me write to them".
Try using ftp (using filezila?) to write something into the folders.
Be sure you have setup users (Setup->Users) and are using the same name/password in Win-10. Always describe the exact steps you take and post the error messages

Thanks