Odd Coloured LEDs - Alt-F-0.1RC5 DNS-323-C1

Matt Kasdorf

Jul 4, 2016, 9:09:17 PM7/4/16
to Alt-F
My left drive is a new "NAS" 4TB, my right is an old "regular" 2TB.

I'm getting odd colours on the front LEDs of my DNS-323-C1.
The power light is often on full, with no disc activity.
The left and right LEDs were once pink and purple.
Currently the right LED often flickers blue, and the left LED often flickers amber; however both drives appear to be functioning correctly.

Flicker != Blink

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Jul 4, 2016, 10:10:31 PM7/4/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

You know, I got the same feeling.

My NAS is hidden on a cabinet (with airflow and stuff), and today I was about to reboot it, and both lights were purple! After reboot, they were blue again.

[]'s
Paulo
sent from Android

João Cardoso

Jul 5, 2016, 11:30:03 AM7/5/16
to Alt-F
The "about buttons and leds" wiki covers that.
In some hardware boxes the disk blue led is the "drive present", and is not controlled by Al-t. There is also an orange/purple/yellow led that Alt-F controls and that mixed with blue can given odd colors.

Flicker != Blink

João Cardoso

Jul 5, 2016, 11:33:56 AM7/5/16
to Alt-F

On Tuesday, 5 July 2016 03:10:31 UTC+1, Paulo Elifaz Andrielli wrote:

You know, I got the same feeling.

My NAS is hidden on a cabinet (with airflow and stuff), and today I was about to reboot it, and both lights were purple!

It means that an error was detected.. Consult the Status page and after clearing the Error/warnings they will turn off.
As the Announcement says: -The orange disk leds will be turned on when (some) detected system errors are detected.

Em 04/07/2016 22:09, "Matt Kasdorf" escreveu:
  My left drive is a new "NAS" 4TB, my right is an old "regular" 2TB.

  I'm getting odd colours on the front LEDs of my DNS-323-C1.
The power light is often on full, with no disc activity.
The left and right LEDs were once pink and purple.
Currently the right LED often flickers blue, and the left LED often flickers amber; however both drives appear to be functioning correctly.

Flicker != Blink

Matt Kasdorf

Jul 5, 2016, 5:31:58 PM7/5/16
to Alt-F
Sadly then that means there are some serious issues with Alt-F-0.1RC5 on the DNS-323-C1 :-( RC5 is definitely not a release candidate.

Matt Kasdorf

Jul 5, 2016, 5:34:51 PM7/5/16
to Alt-F
BTW, my status page shows no errors.