Netatalk does not work since 2.2.4 update

Arnaud

Jan 12, 2013, 4:44:25 PM1/12/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
HI,
Since I have updated the netatalk package, connection from my MAC to the DNS-323 is not working, it keeps saying "server not found". I guess something is wrong with last netatalk package, and can not restore pervious one - version 2.2.2. Is there any way to do this manually ???
Thanks
Arnaud

Joao Cardoso

Jan 12, 2013, 5:11:48 PM1/12/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
The other day I noticed that the new netatalk does not stops by itself, it has to be stopped "by hand" (use a stick :)

To reinstall the old package, you have to download it first to the box, then stop/force stop the server, then

ipkg -force-downgrade install /path/to/downloaded_netatalka.ipkg

Arnaud

Jan 13, 2013, 3:42:52 AM1/13/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
Restored old package, now works great. Thank you !!!

Joao Cardoso (Alt-F)

Jan 14, 2013, 11:10:56 AM1/14/13
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Sunday 13 January 2013 00:42:52 Arnaud wrote:

> Restored old package, now works great. Thank you !!!

As a matter of fact I have netatalk_3.0.1_arm.ipk  compiled and available.

As I don't have a mac, and the "afpfs" client that I use to test netatalk had some issues with 3.0.1, I didn't release it.

The newer 3.x netatalk uses a completely new configuration file, samba-like, and there is no webUI for configure it, so you have to do that yourself.

 I enclose it If someone wants to test it and report back. You have to remove your current netatalk first.

Joao

PS-again, attaching failed when using the Google Groups web interface under Chrome beta/linux, now using e-mail.

netatalk_3.0.1_arm.ipk

".:: Júlio Leal ::."

Jan 14, 2013, 3:13:26 PM1/14/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi! There!!

After have the same problem related. I installed the Netatalk 3.0.1 and now my Time machine is working, I just a simple configuration, of course you can optimize the configuration.

My afp.conf :

[Global]
    log file = /var/log/netatalk.log
    log level = default:info
    hostname = nas
    hosts allow = 192.168.5.0/24
    uam list = uams_dhx.so uams_dhx2.so

[Time Machine]
    time machine = yes
    path = /mnt/md0/backup/mac/timemachine
    vol size limit = 300000 # size in MiB
    valid users = jcfleal

Before restart the daemon service, I created a user entry with afppasswd -a .

Cheers,

Júlio César Leal

Joao Cardoso

Jan 15, 2013, 11:03:03 AM1/15/13
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Monday, January 14, 2013 8:13:26 PM UTC, Julio Leal wrote:
Hi! There!!

After have the same problem related. I installed the Netatalk 3.0.1 and now my Time machine is working, I just a simple configuration, of course you can optimize the configuration.

My afp.conf :

[Global]
    log file = /var/log/netatalk.log
    log level = default:info
    hostname = nas
    hosts allow = 192.168.5.0/24
    uam list = uams_dhx.so uams_dhx2.so

[Time Machine]
    time machine = yes
    path = /mnt/md0/backup/mac/timemachine
    vol size limit = 300000 # size in MiB
    valid users = jcfleal

Before restart the daemon service, I created a user entry with afppasswd -a .

Cheers,

Júlio César Leal

Obrigado Júlio!

Do you mind to add a [Homes] section and see if ordinary users are able to use it and a share (not as a Time Machine)?

Do you really need to use afppasswd? according to the manual you shouldn't (see the Note)

Do you really need the 'uam list' in the Global section? According to the manual, 'The default is "uams_dhx.so uams_dhx2.so"'

Sorry, I hate to have unnecessary things in configuration files, KIS is my lemma ;-)

Thanks

".:: Júlio Leal ::."

Jan 17, 2013, 9:21:18 AM1/17/13
to al...@googlegroups.com
Joao Cardoso escreveu o seguinte no dia 15/01/13 14:03:

[...]

Hi!! João!!

Sorry the delay!!

Do you mind to add a [Homes] section and see if ordinary users are able to use it and a share (not as a Time Machine)?

I did a test, create a [home] section and I could mount my user directory from the Macbook without problems.
Do you really need to use afppasswd? according to the manual you shouldn't (see the Note)

I deleted the afppasswd file and netatalk access still working normally,

Do you really need the 'uam list' in the Global section? According to the manual, 'The default is "uams_dhx.so uams_dhx2.so"'

Yeah! You right!! I just add, because I saw in tutorial that install the Netatalk 3.0.1 in a Debian Weezy.
Sorry, I hate to have unnecessary things in configuration files, KIS is my lemma ;-)

Thanks
Br,

Júlio César Leal

medoc

Apr 7, 2013, 3:03:59 PM4/7/13
EDIT: found it in the packages section and installed it without any problems.

Thanks!