Change button actions

Ric Hardacre

Jul 23, 2016, 7:12:44 AM7/23/16
to Alt-F
I've found the part where you can configure the buttons but it only gives you the choide of setting restart/shutdown scripts

I'd like the front button to be a simple on/off button like on a laptop and not have to hold it down and count a few seconds and hope I've got the shutdown "window" because the lights are too hard to see.

just press it, let go, turns on
press it again, let go, turns off

if I want to restart i can turn it off and on again

don't see why it has to be more complicated than that

João Cardoso

Sep 22, 2016, 12:45:11 PM9/22/16
to Alt-F
You made a point.

Perhaps changing the default (first) action from reboot to poweroff would be enough for you? But then we have "history", i.e., leal users used to the current behaviour. And for a box intended to be on 24/7, you only need to power off, say, once a year?

As for the button press timeout, that has to exist, to not accidentally power off the box; the last D-Link boxes require you to keep it pressed for some 6 seconds...