default cluster size

autosoccors...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2016, 3:48:50 AM9/4/16
to Alt-F
How can I change the cluster size? I created the partition using the wizard and then I changed it using the partitioner.
After 2 day copying my files to NAS, verifying the file sizes, I discovered a big (many GB) difference between the files size and the size on disk.
I have a 4tb, Seagate ST4000DM000

João Cardoso

Sep 21, 2016, 2:25:51 PM9/21/16
to Alt-F

On Sunday, 4 September 2016 08:48:50 UTC+1, autosoccorsorogoredosnc wrote:
How can I change the cluster size?

Short story, you can't.
The filesystem minimum unity, a block, is 4096 bytes, so if you have a million one byte files you end up using 4096 million bytes on the disk (plus "housekeeping")