Entware sort

kKimmell

Jul 7, 2017, 3:51:53 PM7/7/17
to Alt-F
Is there a local file that has the entware package list that I can force to alpha sort or are we stuck with the randomness of the packages as it stands?

-kK

p.s. I love have joe!

Bill Rosenberg

Feb 3, 2018, 11:13:16 AM2/3/18
to Alt-F
Hi João, is there an easy fix so the Entware-ng package list is shown in alphabetical order in the web UI just like the Alt-F package list is?

João Cardoso

Feb 3, 2018, 12:50:09 PM2/3/18
to Alt-F

On Saturday, 3 February 2018 16:13:16 UTC, Bill Rosenberg wrote:
Hi João, is there an easy fix so the Entware-ng package list is shown in alphabetical order in the web UI just like the Alt-F package list is?

The list is presented as 'opkg info' returns it ('opkg list' presents it in alphabetical order).

I think to remember looking at that, but as the webUI has a search facility (not to mention the browser own Find facility), I didn't care too much...
Useful, if we don't know exactly what we are looking for, would be to sort by categories/Sections, see http://pkg.entware.net/binaries/armv5/Packages.html

On Friday, July 7, 2017 at 2:51:53 PM UTC-5, kKimmell wrote:
Is there a local file that has the entware package list that I can force to alpha sort or are we stuck with the randomness of the packages as it stands?

Sorry for not answering that before:  /opt/var/opkg-lists/packages is such a compressed file list, 'gunzip -c /opt/var/opkg-lists/packages'