PHP mysql.so problem

Damien Sturt

Jul 28, 2015, 5:36:17 PM7/28/15
to Alt-F

Ive installed alt-f on my nas box and installed lighttpd and mysql and both are working absolutely fine. however, when i enable the mysql extension on the php section of lighttpd configuration page (along with other extensions required) every extension loads except mysql.so.

when i run php -v it states that it cant find the file mysql.so but it is in the required directory.

can anyone give me some idea of how to rectify this?

i am fairly new to linux so please go easy on me lol

thanks in advance

Damien Sturt

Jul 29, 2015, 2:06:59 PM7/29/15
to Alt-F, d.s...@gmail.com
anyone????

Damien Sturt

Aug 4, 2015, 10:41:21 AM8/4/15
to Alt-F
take that as a no. thanks everyone.

notoneofmy

Aug 7, 2015, 3:13:39 AM8/7/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
On 15-08-04 4:41 PM, Damien Sturt wrote:
> take that as a no. thanks everyone.
Don't take it personal. It's holiday season.

Damien Sturt

Aug 14, 2015, 10:02:03 AM8/14/15
to Alt-F
can anyone help at all?

notoneofmy

Aug 15, 2015, 2:09:19 AM8/15/15
to al...@googlegroups.com

On 08/14/2015 04:02 PM, Damien Sturt wrote:
> Ive installed alt-f on my nas box and installed lighttpd and mysql and
> both are working absolutely fine. however, when i enable the mysql
> extension on the php section of lighttpd configuration page (along
> with other extensions required) every extension loads except mysql.so.
Maybe try forums of the respective applications. Or, try searching Alt-F
forums. This is what I do when I don't get a response. And if all else
fail, simply wait with crossed fingers, hoping that our ever so able
developer sees it. Sorry and good-luck!

zeakdad

Aug 15, 2015, 1:30:12 PM8/15/15
to al...@googlegroups.com

Of the top of my head, have you tried adding its location to the system LD_LIBRARY_PATH via ldconfig or explicitly adding the path to the startup script for lighttpd?

Damien Sturt

Aug 15, 2015, 3:05:31 PM8/15/15
to Alt-F
sorry relatively new to this.......

what would i put and where would i put it?

thanks in advance

João Cardoso

Aug 17, 2015, 12:34:14 PM8/17/15
to Alt-F

On Tuesday, 28 July 2015 22:36:17 UTC+1, Damien Sturt wrote:

Ive installed alt-f on my nas box and installed lighttpd and mysql and both are working absolutely fine. however, when i enable the mysql extension on the php section of lighttpd configuration page (along with other extensions required) every extension loads except mysql.so.

when i run php -v it states that it cant find the file mysql.so but it is in the required directory.

can anyone give me some idea of how to rectify this?

Install 'mysql-libs', if it is not yet installed, and apply the "fast cure" from