RC4.1 - Fan still cycling

bomb...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2015, 11:30:12 AM6/24/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
I recently upgraded my box from RC4 to RC4.1 but I continue to get fan hysteresis when the temp is just above 40C (cycling on-off-on every 1-2 seconds).

I have a DNS-323 A1 board.

When upgrading I don't think I manually removed the fixes before upgrading. Would that be causing my issue? Is there any way to recover from my mistake?

Also, I changed the lower temperature to 30C but when I hit submit, the temperature changes back to 40C (so the issue that old fix #8 resolved has reappeared for me). There's nothing in the list of fixes - is that because there's no fixes for RC4.1 yet?

Thanks for your help.

João Cardoso

Jun 24, 2015, 1:59:51 PM6/24/15
to al...@googlegroups.com, bomb...@gmail.com

On Wednesday, 24 June 2015 16:30:12 UTC+1, @gmail.com wrote:
I recently upgraded my box from RC4 to RC4.1 but I continue to get fan hysteresis when the temp is just above 40C (cycling on-off-on every 1-2 seconds).

I have a DNS-323 A1 board.

When upgrading I don't think I manually removed the fixes before upgrading. Would that be causing my issue? Is there any way to recover from my mistake?

Try using System->Utilities, Fixes, RemoveAll, even if no fixes are applied.

Also, I changed the lower temperature to 30C but when I hit submit, the temperature changes back to 40C (so the issue that old fix #8 resolved has reappeared for me).

After using  RemoveAll above, does the issue persists?  If yes, what is the output of the following commands:

ls -l /Alt-F/usr/www/cgi-bin/
ls -l /usr/share/fixes/

There's nothing in the list of fixes - is that because there's no fixes for RC4.1 yet?

Yes.

Thanks for your help.

bomb...@gmail.com

Jun 25, 2015, 8:05:41 AM6/25/15
to al...@googlegroups.com, bomb...@gmail.com
Thank you Joao,

I did "Remove All" as instructed and then rebooted the machine.

My sysctrl config screen now shows the correct "Low Temp" setting I changed it to AND the "Temp hysteresis" field is now shown (wasn't shown before I did Remove All).

It's been running most of the day now, and the fan speed issue is definitely fixed - THANK YOU AGAIN.