RC5.1 - is it being considered?

ObviousMan

Jul 23, 2016, 12:16:52 PM7/23/16
to Alt-F
I apologize in advance for a bit of a stupid question: Since there were a few important bugs discovered in RC5, is RC5.1 where those bugs will be fixed under consideration?
Thanks.
OM

Norbert Horváth

Jul 24, 2016, 6:46:49 AM7/24/16
to Alt-F
Joao is on vacation for a few weeks, so nothing serious (or anything) will be released until then. But I think the bugs will be fixed with, well, fixes, because they are important, but can be easily fixed. The network corruption bug may be permanently corrected with a patched nic driver in the kernel, but it might need time to test it and the ethtool workaround fixes the problem with small drawbacks.