Video playback freezes / artifacting

Danny Clark

Jun 1, 2017, 2:35:47 PM6/1/17
to Alt-F
Hey,

I'm having a little trouble with my NAS and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction to fix it.

Im currently using alt-f 0.1RC5 on my Dlink 320L-AX and have been since August last year. I've not had any trouble with it in the past but recently I've being having issues playing back any video files from any device.

The video will freeze and then buffer even though I'm using a wired gigabit Ethernet connection on all of my devices. The other strange part is the video appears to freeze at the same point no matter what.

After looking through this group for answers I found a post claiming mini dlna can cause high CPU usage but with it disabled I still get this problem.

I don't have any other alt-f packages installed and have removed all FFP installs.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

Here is a video of what's happening. See 55 seconds in.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B59XVTBKIJk5YUtxeE9ZNVZ4N2M/view?usp=drivesdk

João Cardoso

Jun 1, 2017, 4:31:32 PM6/1/17
to Alt-F

On Thursday, 1 June 2017 19:35:47 UTC+1, Danny Clark wrote:
Hey,

I'm having a little trouble with my NAS and wondered if anyone could point me in the right direction to fix it.

Im currently using alt-f 0.1RC5 on my Dlink 320L-AX

Have you applied the RC5 "network corruption" fix? Hope you have... see one of the top-posted topics on this subject.

Your symptom has been described by other users who got it solved after applying the fix.

Danny Clark

Jun 1, 2017, 5:07:36 PM6/1/17
to Alt-F
That sounds like it should fix it. How can I find out were alt-f is installed​? e.g md0, sda4

Danny Clark

Jun 2, 2017, 4:02:54 AM6/2/17
to Alt-F
Have I done this right? As I'm still having trouble with video playback.

Screenshot_20170602-090058.png

João Cardoso

Jun 2, 2017, 10:53:35 AM6/2/17
to Alt-F
Packages->Alt-F. under the FS column in the "Packages Installed On" section you will see the filesystem

Have I done this right? As I'm still having trouble with video playback.

No, the /Alt-F/... command must be on a new line, see https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt-f/cFQ6SzsK0ss/fFqu3k92AgAJ

Danny Clark

Jun 3, 2017, 10:35:14 AM6/3/17
to Alt-F
Thanks for your help. I couldn't get the script to work but I rolled back to 4.1 which has sorted the issue.