FSC StorageBird DUO LR-35 NAS with ALT-F firmware

English teacher

Jan 2, 2013, 8:42:12 AM1/2/13
to al...@googlegroups.com

Dear All,

I would like to ask whether it is possible to flash FSC StorageBird DUO LR-35 NAS system with ALT-F firmware. I took a FSC NAS aparat and checked the hardware revision which is DNS-323 REV-B1, therefore it seems ALT-F should be compatible with it. In case there is no hesitations to damage the FSC NAS with ALT-F FW, is it possible to upgrade it directly via vendor's web page.

The reason why I would like to carry out an upgrade is the usage of DLNA media server. Does the latest version of ALT-F include miniDLNA implementation?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Joao Cardoso

Jan 2, 2013, 10:35:22 AM1/2/13

On Wednesday, January 2, 2013 1:42:12 PM UTC, English teacher wrote:

Dear All,

I would like to ask whether it is possible to flash FSC StorageBird DUO LR-35 NAS system with ALT-F firmware. I took a FSC NAS aparat and checked the hardware revision which is DNS-323 REV-B1, therefore it seems ALT-F should be compatible with it. In case there is no hesitations to damage the FSC NAS with ALT-F FW, is it possible to upgrade it directly via vendor's web page.

As the instructions in

say, yes.

If it works? Don't know, follow the discussion thread and report back, so others can benefice with yours findings.

Didier Garrig

Feb 9, 2015, 1:36:07 PM2/9/15
to al...@googlegroups.com

Hello, did you succeed to flash your StorageBird with the ALT-F FW  ?