How to find the IP / Passwords of my NAS

Blaise Fiedler

Feb 15, 2017, 6:17:20 AM2/15/17
to Alt-F
Hi,
I successfully set up ALT-F on my DNS 320 NAS and have been using it successfully on several of my home PCs. All good.
However I remember nothing about how I configured it: I do not remember the NAS IP, the user name or the passwords.

It's all working however: I can read/ write with the right authorisations on my PCs.

How do I go into finding the IP again? From there I will try a few usernames / passwords :)

Running my PC in Windows 7 / windows 10.

thanks!

João Cardoso

Feb 15, 2017, 1:18:12 PM2/15/17
to Alt-F

On Wednesday, 15 February 2017 11:17:20 UTC, Blaise Fiedler wrote:
Hi,
I successfully set up ALT-F on my DNS 320 NAS and have been using it successfully on several of my home PCs. All good.
However I remember nothing about how I configured it: I do not remember the NAS IP, the user name or the passwords.

It's all working however: I can read/ write with the right authorisations on my PCs.

How do I go into finding the IP again?

If while browsing the network in ms-windows you see the nas then you know its name, so you can use http://nas-name (if your router resolves it). In the Status page you will see its IP. Otherwise you have to consult your route web page, and find the DHCP leases/clients page.

From there I will try a few usernames / passwords :)

If you can  " read/ write with the right authorisations on my PCs", then the usernames and passwords are already setup and are identical to the MS-win ones.
The administrative password (the 'root' user account) is in /etc/web-secret in plain format.
To access it without password read the wiki, "About leds and buttons", "Button Recovery Actions" section.