Support for WebDav

binone

Mar 20, 2012, 10:55:53 AM3/20/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks,

Hopefully a quick question. Does this firmware version support WebDAV?

Thanks,

Joao Cardoso

Mar 20, 2012, 11:01:21 AM3/20/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
No, not yet, but that is on my plans, although not in the near future.

binone

Mar 20, 2012, 12:50:23 PM3/20/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks for the quick response.

As an IPAD user, it is well nigh impossible to find a common enough file store that most apps will support. So, if one is looking for a local (non cloud) wireless filestore, webdav seems to be the only real choice.

Regards,

Joao Cardoso

Mar 20, 2012, 2:30:20 PM3/20/12
to al...@googlegroups.com

Yes, it seems the iPad took a totalitary approach... shame!

I was thinking in lighthttpd with its webdav module, do you know if it works for the ipad? Or something else is needed?
'ownCloud' was also a possibility, but it needs php5

On Mar 20, 2012 4:50 PM, "binone" <bino...@gmail.com> wrote:

Many thanks for the quick response.

As an IPAD user, it is well nigh impossible to find a common enough file store that most apps will support. So, if one is looking for a local (non cloud) wireless filestore, webdav seems to be the only real choice.

Regards,

    On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 11:01:21 AM UTC-4, Joao Cardoso wrote: > > > > On Tuesday, March 20...

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt-f/-/ddSdtim_IssJ.

binone

Mar 20, 2012, 6:50:49 PM3/20/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
Yes, agree - it is a shame that the iPad has such limited "official" mechanisms for saving data.

I do not know if lighttpd works - I saw a post that implied that it had some problem on DNS-323, but nothing about iPad.

I was not aware of ownCloud. That looks interesting. I will set that up just to check out how compatible the iPad apps are with its webDAV implementation.

Thank you for pointing me to ownCloud and for taking the time to reply.

Regards,

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 2:30:20 PM UTC-4, Joao Cardoso wrote:

Yes, it seems the iPad took a totalitary approach... shame!

I was thinking in lighthttpd with its webdav module, do you know if it works for the ipad? Or something else is needed?
'ownCloud' was also a possibility, but it needs php5

Joao Cardoso

Mar 27, 2012, 9:06:02 PM3/27/12
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, March 20, 2012 10:50:49 PM UTC, binone wrote:
Yes, agree - it is a shame that the iPad has such limited "official" mechanisms for saving data.

I do not know if lighttpd works - I saw a post that implied that it had some problem on DNS-323, but nothing about iPad.

Just to let you know, I have compiled lighttpd with webdav support  for Alt-F and tested it on my syster's iMac and iPad (with webnav)) and all went fine.
So you all mac users, can expect an Alt-F lighttpd package soon (soon does not necessarily mean days ;-)

K Robert

Jun 29, 2017, 3:03:30 AM6/29/17
to Alt-F
Hello João,
Digging up an old thread...
What are the steps to access files with webdav?
I enabled webdav from lighttpd menu, i'm connecting ok, it asks for a username and password, but no files show up..

Please help

Thanks!

K Robert

Jul 4, 2017, 9:22:52 AM7/4/17
to Alt-F
Hello,
Still not getting files thru webdav...
I checked the webdav lighttpd config.. it states that the webdav alias is /webdav
I tried with http://external_ip/webdav/Files (Files is the share name), upon connection it's asking for a username and password, the login is successful, but no files are shown...
Any help?

K Robert

Jul 5, 2017, 5:43:57 AM7/5/17
to Alt-F
Ok, after some digging around, it seems that i needed to make symlinks for the folders that i wanted to access over webdav.
Everything is working as expected.. even mkv streaming works over internet...
Message has been deleted