ps command arguments

jman...@gmail.com

May 3, 2015, 8:44:15 AM5/3/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
hello everyone,

trying to see how people are generating ps output showing cpu% and memory stats that i see in other posts.
I see mention that this is like output of ps -ux but not valid args. ps command output says only supported arguments are: user,group,comm,args,pid,ppid,pgid,tty,vsz,stat,rss
also looking at the info in /proc directory

I must be missing something very obvious,  this is the output from the command or script that I'm after:

   Mem: 60324K used, 1488K free, 0K shrd, 10816K buff, 30080K cached
   CPU:   9% usr  72% sys   0% nice   0% idle   0% io   0% irq  18% softirq
   Load average: 1.07 0.30 0.10
      PID  PPID USER     STAT   VSZ %MEM %CPU COMMAND
      30890  1350 nobody   R     5128   8%  82% smbd -D

thank you.

Tom Schmidt

May 3, 2015, 10:41:26 AM5/3/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
That output format is from the "top" command.

Tom

jman...@gmail.com

May 3, 2015, 11:36:20 AM5/3/15
to al...@googlegroups.com, t...@4schmidts.com
thanks for the quick reply.  I was blaming transmission for high cpu usage and it turns out that it is just the file copying that I'm doing that's driving it so high.

thanks again.