Installation on DNS 343

eoin

Feb 27, 2011, 5:58:21 PM2/27/11
to Alt-F
Hi,

So I decided to try this out on my DNS 343.
Just trying out installation method 1 for the time being (fun_plug).

It seems the 343 uses a newer kernel than the 323. I get the following
error in alt-f-reloaded.log:
reloaded-2.6.22.7.ko not found, exiting

Does anyone know if there is a way around this?

Cheers,
eoin

Eoin Murphy

Feb 27, 2011, 6:21:25 PM2/27/11
to Alt-F
I guess I should of done a search first:

Someone else looking into Alt-F on the 343.

Is there anyway I could help try get Alt-F working on the 343?

Joao Cardoso

Feb 28, 2011, 11:21:17 AM2/28/11
to Alt-F

On Feb 27, 11:21 pm, Eoin Murphy <eoinomur...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I guess I should of done a search first:http://groups.google.com/group/alt-f/browse_thread/thread/9db48a967ff...
>
> Someone else looking into Alt-F on the 343.
>
> Is there anyway I could help try get Alt-F working on the 343?

For B7 I intend to supply the missing 2.6.22.7 kernel modules, so
anybody can try Alt-F on the new boxes and try to sort-out what is
missing. No promises.

But linux expertise is needed, and a serial-port mandatory if telnet/
ssh does not work at first.

You could start using ffp, that does not require anything special but
the funplug script support, and watch the kernel log for loaded
modules/initialized hardware at boot. This will give us clues on what
hardware drivers (temperature, fan,...) are needed.
This information might well be already available, Google for it.

Then for sorting-out the leds and buttons you could read the posts
under the topic "Experimental kernels available for testing for Rev-A1
and rev-C1 boards", around October, 18.

Marcus M.

Feb 18, 2015, 3:47:10 PM2/18/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

I have an Acer EasyStore (with ffp) which seems to be similar (or identical) to a DNS 343.
Since the Firmware is really buggy with a lot of flaws in the web interface, I have stopped using the device.

Is there any chance to get Alt-F running?

I have some experience in linux and shell, so really willing to experiment :-)

Any hint if this could work?

Thanks
Marcus