Problem with Transmission ¡¡¡ Help Please ¡¡¡

Luismigueltec

Jun 30, 2016, 6:40:01 AM6/30/16
to Alt-F

Hello, my name is Luis Miguel and I have a problem from several days ago.

It all started when upgrading to version Alt-F-0.1RC5 and transimission not work me.

Upgrade to version 2.92 transmission and neither did.

Downgrade to version Alt-F 0.1RC4.1 and returned to install the version 2.84 of transmission but does not work me, not to do more.

If someone could help me.

Thank you very much.

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Jun 30, 2016, 8:16:43 AM6/30/16
to al...@googlegroups.com
Looks like this is more related to the folders that transmission uses that are not created, or permission on them are not set up correctly.

What's your NAS model? To downgrade it, you simply downloaded the old firmware, and ask for an upgrade?

[]´s
Paulo

Luismigueltec

Jun 30, 2016, 9:43:45 AM6/30/16
to Alt-F
And it is working properly.
My model is DNS323
Transmission uninstall and uninstall the libevent2 package.
Then install the Firmware Alt-F 0.1RC4.1 and reconfigured all values of the Flash.
Transmission 2.92 Install and configure folders download as usual and it works perfect.

I think when you upgrade to RC5 was what spoiled the libevent2.
Esperare to a more stable update.

Thank you
Greetings from Spain
Sorry for my bad English

Norbert Horváth

Jun 30, 2016, 2:16:00 PM6/30/16
to Alt-F
Sorry for being a little bit offtopic for you, but for those who are reading the posts to see what can or will be broken after upgrade:

I upgraded an RC4.1 DNS-320-A1 to RC5 and transmission is working without any problem. When RC5 appeared, many package upgrades appeared also in RC4.1, I did not upgrade them in RC4.1 before upgrading to RC5. I had my own download folders configured somewhere else in the file system, not the defaults, after upgrading to RC5, everything works.

João Cardoso

Jun 30, 2016, 5:15:43 PM6/30/16
to Alt-F

On Thursday, 30 June 2016 19:16:00 UTC+1, Norbert Horváth wrote:
Sorry for being a little bit offtopic for you, but for those who are reading the posts to see what can or will be broken after upgrade:

I upgraded an RC4.1 DNS-320-A1 to RC5 and transmission is working without any problem.

Thanks for the positive report. They are needed, so other users know that an  issue is specific to a particular user setup (or not).

During the release tests, on 5 different model/rev boards(*), I tested Transmission from a fresh install, and it worked fine.
I didn't test packages following what is the normal user experience: having RC4.1  and package xxx installed, then upgrade to RC5 <-> upgrade package xxx. I haven't did that because the number of possible combinations is huge and my Test and Quality Dept is... just me :-)
(*) a DNS-323-rev-A1, DNS-323-rev-B1, a DNS325-rev-A1, a DNS-320L-rev-A1 and a DNS-327L-rev-A1

It's a happy hazard that Transmission 2.94 works fine on RC4.1! Because Transmission depends on a certain number of other packages, and some of those packages are shipped pre-installed on the base firmware.
That is the reason why so "many" packages have been upgraded at RC5 release time; some of them might work or both RC5 and RC4.1, but that is very unlikely.
The opposite is true: there might exists packages that were not upgraded and that will not work on RC5, and for those I need your help, as the RC5 announcement/README file says.

Also, some packages come pre-installed on the firmware for the DNS-320/DNS-320L/DNS325/DNS-327L, but not on the DNS-321/323 firmware. So, apart from hardware differences, it's important to always refer the box model and hardware revision. And, as the forum welcome message says... I'm repeating myself ;-)

And remember, uninstalling a given package will *not* uninstall the packages they depend on. Even reflashing RC5 or any other fw version is *not* going to remove on-disk installed packages (on the Alt-F folder)!
That is probably the reason why Transmission 2.94 is working on RC4.1: users have upgraded Transmission and depended on packages while they were trying RC5, and those on-disk packages remain and are still in active after reverting to RC4.1.

When RC5 appeared, many package upgrades appeared also in RC4.1, I did not upgrade them in RC4.1 before upgrading to RC5. I had my own download folders configured somewhere else in the file system, not the defaults, after upgrading to RC5, everything works.

As a one-man job, I can only "guarantee" that packages will only work on the last Alt-F release. However, for the benefice of experimented command line linux users , I generally keep available at least two copies of a given package.

Thanks!

PS-This comments should be a followup of the RC5 announcement.

Thomas FRANCAIS

Sep 1, 2016, 4:50:52 AM9/1/16
to Alt-F
Hi all,
I have a similar issue with Transition. The package is still marked as present on my alt-f package but it isn't anymore... The remove button is gray and I can't do anything.

Is there a way to correct this? Which file should I edit to install back Transition?

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Sep 1, 2016, 5:08:39 AM9/1/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

There's one thread here about this. I bad the same issue, and Joao said that ir was some file inside Alt-F folder that should not be there (it's something like a flag). Just remove this file, and option to remove will be enabled.

Look for "transmission" on this forum, and try to find latest messages from me and João.

[]'s
Paulo
sent from Android

João Cardoso

Sep 21, 2016, 2:50:55 PM9/21/16
to Alt-F

On Thursday, 1 September 2016 09:50:52 UTC+1, Thomas FRANCAIS wrote:
Hi all,
I have a similar issue with Transition. The package is still marked as present on my alt-f package but it isn't anymore... The remove button is gray

gray means a pre-installed package, it can't be uninstalled.

and I can't do anything.

Is there a way to correct this? Which file should I edit to install back Transition?

Try first System->Utilities->Fixes, RemoveAll. Worked?

Thomas FRANCAIS

Sep 21, 2016, 2:58:50 PM9/21/16
to Alt-F
I've flashed again my NAS RC5 to and now it works fine... with ethtool in user script off course, lol