Video files played from DNS-323B w/RC5 coming up pixalated.

Rich G

Feb 6, 2017, 12:07:06 AM2/6/17
to Alt-F
Hello,  First thank you so much for this software, it is a lifesaver to get 3TB drives on my ole DNS-323 and save me from scrounging to afford a new NAS, your awesome!

I just set up my one 323 with RC5 and the videos played off it are pixalated and the same video played off my other stock 323 play fine,  Could this be a casualty of the network data corruption bug?
I'm leaning to yes and since my package page seems to be effected also and my linux knowledge is sadly lacking would rolling back to 4.1 be my easiest option?  I'm only using this to serve up video files for playing over the network to Kodi.  Thanks for any input an your time!

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Feb 6, 2017, 4:23:14 AM2/6/17
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hey Rich,

That's correct. You are in the same situation I was in the release of RC5 (DNS 323, with Kodi). Videos were playing pixelated.

There's a fix for that, but I downgraded to RC4 for now.

[]'s
Paulo
sent from Android

Enrico Rovere

Feb 6, 2017, 9:13:48 AM2/6/17
to Alt-F
As already stated, you need to apply the fix for RC5. No other related issues on my box after doing so.

Rich G

Feb 6, 2017, 11:52:15 PM2/6/17
to Alt-F
Thanks all, I rolled back to 4.1 and issue no longer happens.  I can't figure out how to get through step one of the fix to 5.0 so this was best solution for me.  I'll have to find a place to start reading up on linux to eventually get the fix working. Amazing community here!