Hard drive unaccessable after power cut

Rich Jones

Jul 22, 2016, 3:00:22 AM7/22/16
to Alt-F
Hi

Was using alt f firmware for about 12months no problem with dns 323 rev b, after power cut drive is inaccessable power light just flashes.  Have i lost everything, what options do i have..

Thanks

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Jul 22, 2016, 6:03:43 AM7/22/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

Are you able to access Alt-F screen? What it shows on main screen?

Usually, after a power outage, HDs enter in "scan" mode, to find any errors.

[]'s
Paulo
sent from Android

Rich Jones

Jul 22, 2016, 7:42:26 AM7/22/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

Hi thanks for the reply...

I didn't realise that a scan mode was what it was doing.ive allowed it to complete this and the power light is now solid, but can't access drive from windows and chrome just hangs when I try 192.168.1.75...

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Alt-F" group.

Rich Jones

Jul 22, 2016, 7:43:37 AM7/22/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

I can see dns 323 in my network folder. I open it and it just says folder is empty...

Rich Jones

Jul 22, 2016, 7:54:39 AM7/22/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

Right sorry

If I type 192.168.1.70 I can gain access to settings. Disk says only 1.3tb of 4 tb is available which sounds right. But still can't access folder...

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Jul 22, 2016, 8:08:30 AM7/22/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

Check if SMB settings are fine. Maybe folders mapping on them were missed.

[]'s
Paulo
sent from Android

Rich Jones

Jul 22, 2016, 10:15:05 AM7/22/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

What setting would I find that in.. thanks

Rich Jones

Jul 22, 2016, 11:40:02 AM7/22/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

I have found my files but they don't have any owners just says nobody next to every folder...can anybody guide me through what to do thanks...

João Cardoso

Sep 22, 2016, 2:36:37 PM9/22/16
to Alt-F

On Friday, 22 July 2016 16:40:02 UTC+1, Rich Jones wrote:

I have found my files but they don't have any owners just says nobody next to every folder...can anybody guide me through what to do thanks...

They are as the D-Link left them(*)... you probably know by now how to change that: Setup->Folders, browse to the right folder, hit the Permissions button. There is a simple online help on that page (?), and there are a lot of tutorials about linux file/folder permissions/ownership around.

(*) even if they were correct under D-Link, Alt-F users and groups IDs (UID/GID) are different.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/alt-f.