Video files in RC5

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Jul 4, 2016, 5:52:41 PM7/4/16
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I got my DBS-323 RevB1 upgraded to RC5,and something weird happens with videofiles after upgrade.

I have an Android BOX on my room TV, which I use Kodi to watch movies on it.

On RC4, it was working fine, but now, all video files are being pixelated, on a very intermittent timeframe. THe behavior is the same when you try to watch a video not donwloaded completely.

Nothing was changed in matter of configuration from RC4 to RC5. The SMB mounts are the same, and my Android Box is connected on ethernet cable (so it could not be the wifi).

Anything that I should check? I'm trying to use NFS for this (Android Box accept it), but I never made it running. But this is subject to another post.

[]´s
Paulo

Matt Kasdorf

Jul 4, 2016, 7:37:07 PM7/4/16
to Alt-F
I am having the same issue with my DNS-323 C1 box.

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Jul 5, 2016, 8:08:45 PM7/5/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

Is there any config in Alt-F related to network speed which might be override during an upgrade?

Alt-F does not transcode to Android box, so we cannot blame any transcoder update....

[]'s
Paulo
sent from Android

Em 04/07/2016 20:37, "Matt Kasdorf" <kasd...@gmail.com> escreveu:
I am having the same issue with my DNS-323 C1 box.

João Cardoso

Jul 5, 2016, 8:21:19 PM7/5/16
to Alt-F

On Monday, 4 July 2016 22:52:41 UTC+1, Paulo Elifaz Andrielli wrote:
Hi all,

I got my DBS-323 RevB1 upgraded to RC5,and something weird happens with videofiles after upgrade.

I have an Android BOX on my room TV, which I use Kodi to watch movies on it.

On RC4, it was working fine, but now, all video files are being pixelated, on a very intermittent timeframe. THe behavior is the same when you try to watch a video not donwloaded completely.

Nothing was changed in matter of configuration from RC4 to RC5. The SMB mounts are the same, and my Android Box is connected on ethernet cable (so it could not be the wifi).

Samba has not changed in RC5. If Kody is using samba shares, samba is not the issue. The only thing that has changed at that level is the linux kernel itself, which was upgraded to support the DNS-327L. NFS is "more" kernel dependent that samba, but it is also a "simpler" protocol than CIFS/SMB. Have you tried uPNP/DLNA?

The pixelization might be related with kernel task scheduling? Too complex to discuss...

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Jul 5, 2016, 8:26:50 PM7/5/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

I will try NFS, but when I start it, it gives an error in nfsd (still need to dig in to this).

I will try the dlna and post results. Kodi also supports it.

[]'s
Paulo
sent from Android

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Jul 5, 2016, 10:02:45 PM7/5/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

Latest quick update: miniDLNA seems to work. Tested some videos, and the pixelization does not appear anymore.

However, Kodi does not support the scrapping feature on miniDLNA folders. So, all movie covers, IMDB ratings and synopsis won't appear, making the movie navigation not so cool as before.

If I go back to RC4, will the kernel be changed to the old one? I'm ok to test it, to see if this could be the issue....

[]'s
Paulo
sent from Android

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Hooligan99

Jul 7, 2016, 8:12:36 AM7/7/16
to Alt-F

On Thursday, July 7, 2016 at 8:34:16 AM UTC-3, Hooligan99 wrote:

I also have this issue with KODI (OSMC on a Pi & aPi2) as well as VLC (on every PC I tried) using NFS and Samba with MKV, MP4, AVI. Everything I tried in my library.  I have an rsync'ed mirror on a 323 B1 still running 4.1 and the issue does not exist using that.

Warren

mike7

Jul 8, 2016, 1:00:33 AM7/8/16
to Alt-F
I have got the same issue using NFS.

kashu

Jul 8, 2016, 11:48:19 AM7/8/16
to Alt-F
Same issue here with NFS.

mike7

Jul 8, 2016, 1:14:28 PM7/8/16
to Alt-F
I copied files thru nfs from DLink to LibreElec and got different md5 checksums.

João Cardoso

Jul 8, 2016, 1:23:21 PM7/8/16
to Alt-F

On Friday, 8 July 2016 18:14:28 UTC+1, mike7 wrote:
I copied files thru nfs from DLink to LibreElec and got different md5 checksums.

This all seems related with the "blank status page" top posted topic and possibly to a TSO 3.18 linux kernel issue that Bill discovered

mike7

Jul 8, 2016, 2:11:32 PM7/8/16
to Alt-F
If it will help, mounted with options:

type nfs (rw,noatime,vers=3,rsize=65536,wsize=65536,namlen=255,hard,nolock,proto=tcp,port=2049,timeo=70,retrans=3,sec=sys,local_lock=all

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Jul 8, 2016, 3:20:13 PM7/8/16
to al...@googlegroups.com

BTW, o downgraded to 4.1, and the video is not being with those pixelization.

[]'s
Paulo
sent from Android

Em 08/07/2016 15:11, "mike7" <mike.s...@gmail.com> escreveu:
If it will help, mounted with options:

type nfs (rw,noatime,vers=3,rsize=65536,wsize=65536,namlen=255,hard,nolock,proto=tcp,port=2049,timeo=70,retrans=3,sec=sys,local_lock=all

João Cardoso

Jul 8, 2016, 4:04:56 PM7/8/16
to Alt-F

On Friday, 8 July 2016 20:20:13 UTC+1, Paulo Elifaz Andrielli wrote:

BTW, o downgraded to 4.1, and the video is not being with those pixelization.

That you already knew :-)

[]'s
Paulo
sent from Android