DNS 323 - Can no longer see my files. Disk in Read Only mode. Only can access Status Screen

Travis Bryant

Jan 27, 2018, 11:08:51 PM1/27/18
to Alt-F
Hello all,

I updated from the standard D-Link system to Alt-F-1.0-DNS-323-rev-AxBxCx on my 323-A. Everything seemed fine at first, but I got this message during its initial scan:

  • Unable to automatically fix md0, mounting Read Only: fsck 1.41.14 (22-Dec-2010)
    /dev/md0 contains a file system with errors, check forced.
    /dev/md0: Duplicate or bad block in use!
    /dev/md0: Multiply-claimed block(s) in inode 35472270: 72261632
    /dev/md0: Multiply-claimed block(s) in inode 35472276: 72265838
    /dev/md0: Multiply-claimed block(s) in inode 36126721: 72261632
    /dev/md0: Multiply-claimed block(s) in inode 36126726: 72265838
    /dev/md0: (There are 4 inodes containing multiply-claimed blocks.)

    /dev/md0: File /Loose Singles A - L/shampoo - 04 dirty old love song_fB.mp3 (inode #35472270, mod time Sun Jan 12 00:00:16 2003)
      has 1 multiply-claimed block(s), shared with 1 file(s):
    /dev/md0: 	... (inode #36126721, mod time Fri Jul 20 21:53:40 2007)
    /dev/md0:

    /dev/md0: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY; RUN fsck MANUALLY.
    	(i.e., without -a or -p options)
Now I cannot see any of my files. The only directory is Users and my admin credentials (the ones that I created after the change) aren't granting me access to that. There should be several hundred directories.

I tried to flash back to the D-Link BIOS and I'm still brought back to the Alt-F Status screen. Despite the reboot, it didn't revert.

Status screen shows this for Mounted Filesystems:

Dev.LabelCapacityAvailableFSModeDirtyAutomatic FSCK inmd0456.7GB
205.9GB
ext2 RO *  0 mounts or 179 days

I'm mostly concerned about my files -- which still seem to be showing up in the percent-used bar above -- wth restoring normal admin functionality secondarily.

Thank you.

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Jan 28, 2018, 5:15:58 AM1/28/18
to al...@googlegroups.com
Go to DISK -> FILESYSTEM, and choose the faulty filesystem to "ForceFix".

On Linux filesystem, any issue like power outage will make the filesystem read only, to avoid more issues. Then, this "force fix" will check, and make filesystem writable again.

Benin mind that this activity might take time to finish.

[]'s
Paulo
sent from Android

IMG_20180128_081253_299.jpg
IMG_20180128_081251_694.jpg

Travis Bryant

Jan 28, 2018, 10:13:47 PM1/28/18
to Alt-F
Thank you, Paulo. I am running the forcefix. It's been about 11 hours and still going. If it still seems to be going after another 12, I'll post here.

Screen Shot 2018-01-28 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Travis Bryant

Jan 29, 2018, 7:43:11 AM1/29/18
to Alt-F
Hi Paulo,

Good news: The drive is now RW. Thanks!

Bad news: I cannot see any of the files which were there before adding Alt-F. As mentioned above, you can see that the drive *has* files, but I cannot view them on either a Win10 or OSX network browser. All that I can see is the Users folder.

Thanks again for your ongoing assistance.

-Travis

Screen Shot 2018-01-29 at 7.42.02 AM.png

Paulo Elifaz Andrielli

Jan 29, 2018, 11:49:24 AM1/29/18
to al...@googlegroups.com
Easy one. Samba shares might not be configured.

Check this topic:

[]´s
Paulo

Nicolas Richard

Jan 29, 2018, 1:39:23 PM1/29/18
to al...@googlegroups.com
Log in the box with putty as telnet

Then cd /mnt
ls -R *

Possible your files have an ownership other than the ftp to resolve

From /mnt
chmod -R 555 *

Envoyé de mon iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to alt-f+un...@googlegroups.com.

Nicolas Richard

Jan 29, 2018, 1:41:05 PM1/29/18
to al...@googlegroups.com
Sorry chmod -r 777

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Travis Bryant

Jan 30, 2018, 12:23:28 PM1/30/18
to Alt-F
Thanks, all. I wasn't able to get things going, as one of my disks failed upon restart (I put Alt-F on to hopefully keep the 323 stable long enough to empty the disks). Now I'm working on recovery. I don't have another 500 GB drive lying around and I'm worried about the health of the NAS itself, so I am going to pull out the (hopefully) still good drive and recover the files on my PC, using DiskInternals Linux Reader. Wish me luck!