Re: [Alt-F] Formatting new Drives - 8TB RAID 0

Joao Cardoso

Jun 24, 2015, 2:10:47 PM6/24/15
to al...@googlegroups.com
On 06/21/2015 09:30 PM, Andrea Borghi wrote:
Hi Guys,

For some reason your post didn't appear in the forum...

I had a DNS 325 unit with 2 Samsung 2TB Hard Drives.
Unfortunately one of them started going bad and I received messages from SMART notifying me that there would have been a failure soon.
So I bought 2 4TB Drives, Seagate,

You might expect future issues from SMART on the Seagate drives, search the forum for it.

I put them into the Storage and I am trying to build a RAID 0 out of the two drives.
I have the RAID up but I am not able to format the drive.
It looks like I am not able to formatting it, even the command stops and I cannot see the drive.

I don't see it either, so:

What Alt-F version are you using?
How have you partitioned/formatted the new disks? Using the webUI (which?) or the command line?
What does the Status/RAID  Page says? Better, *attach* (not inline) the "System Configuration" log System->Utilities, Logs (not the system nor the kernel log)

Has anyone done this?

I am trying to use ext4 file system

Andrea