ZeroTier for Alt-F

dnsn...@gmail.com

Oct 29, 2017, 4:39:39 PM10/29/17
to al...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

is it possible to implement ZeroTier "VPN" for Alt-F?
Here are some links to sites
original https://www.zerotier.com/
OpenWRT port https://github.com/mwarning/zerotier-openwrt/releases
GitHub https://github.com/zerotier/ZeroTierOne
i actually use Alt-F and openwrt as customer, Alt-F on D-Link DNS-320 and in future DNS-320L

thx!

João Cardoso

Oct 30, 2017, 10:32:39 AM10/30/17
to Alt-F

On Sunday, 29 October 2017 20:39:39 UTC, dnsnas4mg wrote:

Hello,

is it possible to implement ZeroTier "VPN" for Alt-F?

Install Entware-ng (Package->Entware) and install zerotiers. It's command line based. Please let us know if and how it work

dnsn...@gmail.com

Oct 30, 2017, 4:40:10 PM10/30/17
to Alt-F
Hello,

Yes it get installed, but it wont work because i´ve to start the zerotier service at boot and i dont know how i can do this, amybe you can tell me or give me a hint, thank you very much!

João Cardoso

Oct 31, 2017, 1:52:52 PM10/31/17
to Alt-F

On Monday, 30 October 2017 20:40:10 UTC, dnsnas4mg wrote:
Hello,

Yes it get installed, but it wont work because i´ve to start the zerotier service at boot and i dont know how i can do this, amybe you can tell me or give me a hint, thank you very much!

You have to do it yourself. There is some info at https://github.com/zerotier/ZeroTierOne on how to get info and join a network. You have to use the command line and experiment. You can also try the entware site https://github.com/Entware-ng/Entware-ng/wiki/Install-on-Synology-NAS and https://github.com/zerotier/ZeroTierNAS/tree/master/Synology

João Cardoso

Oct 31, 2017, 3:02:05 PM10/31/17
to Alt-F

dnsn...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2017, 3:48:00 PM11/1/17
to Alt-F
Thank you, the startscript work, but I´ve to load the tun kernel module manually "insmod /usr/lib/modules/4.4.86/kernel/drivers/net/tun.ko" but it still wont start/work after reboot, how i can "insmod" the kernel module static or autostart the script at boot?

João Cardoso

Nov 1, 2017, 5:26:16 PM11/1/17
to Alt-F

On Wednesday, 1 November 2017 19:48:00 UTC, dnsnas4mg wrote:
Thank you, the startscript work, but I´ve to load the tun kernel module manually "insmod /usr/lib/modules/4.4.86/kernel/drivers/net/tun.ko" but it still wont start/work after reboot, how i can "insmod" the kernel module static or autostart the script at boot?

Services->User,entware, Configure to set boot enabled.
The Status column is not accurate, as most entware initscripts don't return an appropriate status value.

To load the kernel module add 'modprobe tun' in the initscript before starting the daemon ( /opt/bin/zerotier-one -d) and 'modprobe -r tun' after stopping the server (killall zerotier-one).

But these are not Alt-F related questions, Entware-ng has its won forums, I believe.

Noticed the Alt-F warning at the install page?

Warning: Entware-ng is alien to Alt-F, conflicts might arise.
Packages configuration files have to be manually edited.

or at the Entware User Services?

You must NOT enable services that might conflict with Alt-F services and services have to be manually configured.

dnsn...@gmail.com

Nov 1, 2017, 5:42:31 PM11/1/17
to Alt-F
thank you, i know entware-ng is not alt-f but its difficult for me because there is no alt-f package for zerotier and i need a solution based on SDN and dont know how to make or get it. i also cant install it under services>user>entware because there are no scripts listed.
thank you very much for your engagement, and sry for my english!

dnsn...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2017, 10:14:07 AM11/4/17
to Alt-F
Now i´ve created 12 cronjobs
Service -> user -> cron every 5 minutes looks like:
* *:00 /etc/init.d/S90zerotier-one.sh start
* *:05 /etc/init.d/S90zerotier-one.sh start
* *:10 /etc/init.d/S90zerotier-one.sh start
* *:15 /etc/init.d/S90zerotier-one.sh start
and so on and zerotier works fine, so step by step
1st Alt-F
2nd entware
3rd zerotier
4th startscript
5th cronjob
6th enjoy!

João Cardoso

Nov 4, 2017, 12:14:06 PM11/4/17
to Alt-F

On Saturday, 4 November 2017 14:14:07 UTC, dnsnas4mg wrote:
Now i´ve created 12 cronjobs
Service -> user -> cron every 5 minutes looks like:
* *:00 /etc/init.d/S90zerotier-one.sh start
* *:05 /etc/init.d/S90zerotier-one.sh start
* *:10 /etc/init.d/S90zerotier-one.sh start
* *:15 /etc/init.d/S90zerotier-one.sh start
and so on and zerotier works fine,

If you need to start it every 5 minutes it's not OK, I think...

You can use a single cron entry for that, e.g
* *:*/5 command every five minutes

dnsn...@gmail.com

Nov 4, 2017, 12:32:04 PM11/4/17
to Alt-F
No but thats the only way i found to start it after boot, the script dont start zerotier when its already running.
Thanks for hint and single cron entry i´ll try