Kernel module update error on 323 B1

notoneofmy

Jul 4, 2016, 5:57:59 PM7/4/16
to Alt-F

I just tried to test the latest Alt-F on my backup 323 B1 bo, as I try, desperately, to automount the shares on my production box to Debian Jessie. I've made some posts on this already today.

After going to RC5, I upgraded some packages.

The About page says: The box is currently running Alt-F 0.1RC5 with kernel 3.18.28, and flashed with Alt-F-0.1RC5, kernel 3.18.28.

But the package manager tells me I'm running this and provides me an update version to 3.18.28
"kernel-modules3.10.32"

And then hit upgrade on Kernel modules and got this:

Installing Alt-F package kernel-modules

Upgrading kernel-modules on /Alt-F from 3.10.32 to 3.18.28...
Downloading http://sourceforge.net/projects/alt-f/files/pkgs/unstable/kernel-modules_3.18.28_arm.ipk

* You have to install kernel-modules-armv5 first *

preinst script returned status 1
An error ocurred, return value: 1.
Collected errors:
Aborting installation of kernel-modules
An error occurred

João Cardoso

Jul 5, 2016, 11:08:29 AM7/5/16
to Alt-F, notoneo...@gmx.de

On Monday, 4 July 2016 22:57:59 UTC+1, notoneofmy wrote:

I just tried to test the latest Alt-F on my backup 323 B1 bo, as I try, desperately, to automount the shares on my production box to Debian Jessie. I've made some posts on this already today.

After going to RC5, I upgraded some packages.

The About page says: The box is currently running Alt-F 0.1RC5 with kernel 3.18.28, and flashed with Alt-F-0.1RC5, kernel 3.18.28.

But the package manager tells me I'm running this and provides me an update version to 3.18.28
"kernel-modules3.10.32"

And then hit upgrade on Kernel modules and got this:

Installing Alt-F package kernel-modules

Upgrading kernel-modules on /Alt-F from 3.10.32 to 3.18.28...
Downloading http://sourceforge.net/projects/alt-f/files/pkgs/unstable/kernel-modules_3.18.28_arm.ipk

* You have to install kernel-modules-armv5 first *

Read the message and do what it says, i.e, "install kernel-modules-armv5" first.
That is referred to in the Announcement