DDNS not working

Eri C

Nov 22, 2016, 7:59:11 AM11/22/16
to Alt-F
Anyone here has a work around for this issue?
Just cannot start the DDNS service...
Capture.PNG

Bryan Popka

Jan 3, 2017, 9:39:06 PM1/3/17
to al...@googlegroups.com
Yes I'm having the same issue on my DNS-323-B1 running 0.1-RC5. "StartNow" seems to do nothing for the DDNS service. Anyone know of a fix for this yet?

Thanks!

Bryan

João Cardoso

Jan 4, 2017, 2:05:44 PM1/4/17
to Alt-F

On Wednesday, 4 January 2017 02:39:06 UTC, Bryan Popka wrote:
Yes I'm having the same issue on my DNS-323-B1 running 0.1-RC5.

I can confirm that on RC5, i'm reading an update.

Bálint Fehér

Feb 7, 2017, 10:06:08 AM2/7/17
to Alt-F
Same issue on DNS-323-A1 and DNS-325-A on RC5. It works well with RC4.1.

João Cardoso

Feb 10, 2017, 2:47:38 PM2/10/17
to Alt-F
I just added inadyn-mt 02.28.10 to sourceforge, please test it.
For afraid.org there have been changes, now the username/password is used instead of the Direct URL hash, use the webUI to change it.

Bálint Fehér

Feb 10, 2017, 4:35:48 PM2/10/17
to Alt-F
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I cannot see anything about inadyn-mt at system log with log level >0.   RC5, DNS-325-A

João Cardoso

Feb 11, 2017, 12:34:42 PM2/11/17
to Alt-F

On Friday, 10 February 2017 21:35:48 UTC, Bálint Fehér wrote:
Thanks for the update. Unfortunately it doesn't work for me. I cannot see anything about inadyn-mt at system log with log level >0.   RC5, DNS-325-A

I screw it up and packaged the old version. I updated the package feed just now, please try again.

Notice that "verbose log" should only be used at initial setup, otherwise it will flood the system log obscuring or making disappear other possibly important messages (the system log has only 32KB and wraps around itself).

I also found that the "check IP" step fails every now and then, but I believe that to be caused by the checkip.dyndns.org server. I tried other free checkip servers but all I found exhibit the same behaviour.

Thanks

PS-I only verified the freedns.afraid.org DDNS

Bálint Fehér

Feb 11, 2017, 2:13:24 PM2/11/17
to Alt-F
I still cannot start the service with StartNow button, but I connected to my nas with ssh, and I could start inadyn-mt at the terminal, and it works well.
Thank you for update!

João Cardoso

Feb 12, 2017, 12:43:15 PM2/12/17
to Alt-F

On Saturday, 11 February 2017 19:13:24 UTC, Bálint Fehér wrote:
I still cannot start the service with StartNow button,

I can't reproduce that. Have you edited the ddns/inadyn initscript or configuration file?
Does 'rcddns start' outputs any message? (after stopping the one you launched)

but I connected to my nas with ssh, and I could start inadyn-mt at the terminal,

With any special options?

Bálint Fehér

Feb 12, 2017, 2:03:08 PM2/12/17
to Alt-F
My mistake. I had an inadyn-mt.conf too (I made it a few days ago) , I deleted it, and it works well. Thank you!