[SOLVED] Bricked DNS-320 - Is it possible to force alt-f to load a firmware?

Giuseppe M.

Aug 16, 2016, 3:40:11 PM8/16/16
to al...@googlegroups.com
Actually, after some troubles:

- bad flash of the RC5 version
- varius trial of load the original kernel.

Now I can boot my DNS 320 and reach the login page of ALT-F, but it show me the "unsupported board" screen.
The fan it's not going.
I have two 2 TB disk installed, no raid configuration. I tryied to swap every disk in various position, nothing to do.

Its' a DNS 320 A1.

Here are the images.
I can't sve a log from nas, I only have the dmesg booting log from putty (I can connect to the board via TTL).

Is there  way to recover my nas?
Thank you.

teraterm.log
uno7.PNG
due7.PNG
tre7.png

João Cardoso

Sep 21, 2016, 3:12:54 PM9/21/16
to Alt-F, marmo....@gmail.com
Are you still waiting?
I need more background (flash/box history) and info, the teraterm log has no info at all, only 53 bytes.

Giuseppe M.

Oct 6, 2016, 4:34:31 PM10/6/16
to al...@googlegroups.com, marmo....@gmail.com
Hello.
I resolved this issue thanks to the user Baltzatu on both the:

Now I want to upgrade to the RC5, but I'm reasonably scared... I wasn't able to find the fixes for the network data corruption of the RC5, are just in the actual firmware?

P.s. I'm pretty sure that I have downloaded the right firmware image the first time (DNS-320 Rev. A1), but the flash went wrong.

Thank you for the effort in making an average piece of hardware into a great NAS.

João Cardoso

Oct 7, 2016, 10:05:57 AM10/7/16
to Alt-F, marmo....@gmail.com

On Thursday, 6 October 2016 21:34:31 UTC+1, Giuseppe M. wrote:
Hello.
I resolved this issue thanks to the user Baltzatu on both the:

Great.
That info is also in this forum, (search for 'bootm', e.g.) and anybody can add/create new wiki pages, to facilitate life.

Now I want to upgrade to the RC5, but I'm reasonably scared...

If you have solved that once, you can do it again :-)

I wasn't able to find the fixes for the network data corruption of the RC5, are just in the actual firmware?

*Read* the related top-posted message in this forum, it contains instructions about.

P.s. I'm pretty sure that I have downloaded the right firmware image the first time (DNS-320 Rev. A1), but the flash went wrong.

Yes, it happens sometimes. Even on other NASes and with the vendor firmware upgrade fw. That's the reason why the Alt-F Firmware Upgrade webUI warns about the possibility of bricking the box -- not to be scared, just informed.