Re: activate recycle bin

Message has been deleted

scaramanga

Apr 18, 2016, 12:45:54 PM4/18/16
to al...@googlegroups.com
If you mean the recycle bin feature of SAMBA/CIFS, you can do that from the advanced SAMBA options.
You can read more on the settings here:
https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages/vfs_recycle.8.html

On Sunday, April 17, 2016 at 10:52:36 AM UTC+3, yannick...@gmail.com wrote:
Hello,
how can I activate a recycle bin option in Alt-F?
thx
Message has been deleted

João Cardoso

Apr 18, 2016, 1:46:14 PM4/18/16
to Alt-F

On Monday, 18 April 2016 18:22:43 UTC+1, yannickgrignet wrote:
I don't understand what I must activate.

That's why its "advanced" :-)
To have further help on the advanced SWAT webUI you can install the "samba-doc" Alt-F package, the hit the "help" links.
Anyway to be able to use the network recycle bin you have to install first the "samba-modules" Alt-F package (which will install the "samba" package).

I never used it myself (anyone has?), but I wonder if when you delete an item it will not have to be transferred from the computer to the box? That will be slow.
Perhaps only deleting items already in the box will benefice?

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

João Cardoso

Apr 19, 2016, 10:55:55 AM4/19/16
to Alt-F

On Monday, 18 April 2016 20:13:37 UTC+1, yannickgrignet wrote:
I found the solution there https://www.samba.org/samba/docs/man/manpages/vfs_recycle.8.html

But I don't know where to add the optional commands.

I don't know how to do that under SWAT, i.e., how to add options specific to a given VFS module, i.e., the recycle:repository or other options.
If defaults are OK for you, you only have to add 'recycle' in the "VFS module options", after selecting a Share and using the "Advanced View". By default the recycle bin will be called '.recycled'.

Otherwise the solution is to use the command line and edit the /etc/samba/smb.conf file, adding the relevant modules options under a share entry, just like it is done in the EXAMPLE section of the posted link. And remember to make the samba server recognise the change by using the "rcsmb reload" or "rcsmb restart" commands afterwards.

 See attachement but I get this results...How to add multiple lines

[4TO] comment = 4TO HDD path = /mnt/sdb2 valid users = Yannick1988 read only = No vfs objects = recycle\nrecycle:repository=.recycle\nrecycle:keeptree=yes\nrecycle:versions=yes

Le lundi 18 avril 2016 20:04:09 UTC+2, yannick...@gmail.com a écrit :
Yes it's only for the files on the nas
Message has been deleted

Moisés Robles Sanjuán

Oct 31, 2016, 8:14:04 AM10/31/16
to Alt-F
Hello there,
I´m trying to install a recycle bin using samba and samba-modules, but package samba_3.5.22 cannot run due to lacking of libintl.so.8
Any advice?
Thank you.

João Cardoso

Oct 31, 2016, 11:21:44 AM10/31/16
to Alt-F

On Monday, 31 October 2016 12:14:04 UTC, Moisés Robles Sanjuán wrote:
Hello there,
I´m trying to install a recycle bin using samba and samba-modules, but package samba_3.5.22 cannot run due to lacking of libintl.so.8

What is the output of 'ls -l /usr/lib/libintl*'? It should be similar to

[root@DNS-325]# ls -l /usr/lib/libintl.so*
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            16 Oct 29 18:43 /usr/lib/libintl.so -> libintl.so.8.0.1
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            16 Oct 29 18:43 /usr/lib/libintl.so.8 -> libintl.so.8.0.1
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         30920 Oct 29 18:43 /usr/lib/libintl.so.8.0.1

Any advice?

Try running 'ldconfig' if the above is not what you get.

Moisés Robles Sanjuán

Nov 2, 2016, 10:00:53 AM11/2/16
to Alt-F
Hi Joao,
no presence of libintl.so anywhere... Which package belongs libintl.so to?
Thanks

João Cardoso

Nov 3, 2016, 11:15:46 AM11/3/16
to Alt-F

On Wednesday, 2 November 2016 14:00:53 UTC, Moisés Robles Sanjuán wrote:
Hi Joao,
no presence of libintl.so anywhere... Which package belongs libintl.so to?

libintl belongs to gettext, that is depended on by acl, which is depended on by samba.
So when you install samba on disk (not samba-small, which comes pre-installed on the firmware), acl will be installed, which will install gettext. What went wrong for you?

eysteinnd

Feb 12, 2017, 10:58:42 AM2/12/17
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I want to activate recycle bin and i have the same problem with samba.
libintl.so error when i try to start the service.
I found a solution. My package is on sda4 directory.
I remove all installed alt-f package. During reinstall of package, i selected sdb4 directory.
Samba start without problem.
I don't know if it's a problem of access directory but now it's working.
I can activate recycle bin.

Marcio de Moura Silva

Apr 30, 2020, 11:59:04 AM4/30/20
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hello Yannick.

I would like to know if, for you, the line, it really worked:

	vfs objects = recycle\nrecycle:repository=.recycle\nrecycle:keeptree=yes\nrecycle:versions=yes

Because, in my case, it doesn't work.

Sharing stops working and just adding these lines to the smb.conf file (Note the spaces between the = sign):

vfs objects = recycle
recycle:keeptree = yes
recycle:versions = yes

At the end, I give the command rcsmb restart (I'm using putty), since in System> Network> Advanced> Shares> vfs objects it just introduces its line and, it doesn't work.

Another question:

Did you have to define a recycle bin for each of your shares?

Best regards,

Marcio

PUTTY RECYCLE BIN.png

Message has been deleted