updating SAMBA to (3.5.22-1)

notoneofmy

Jul 4, 2016, 4:38:00 PM7/4/16
to Alt-F
I read in the forum that to get cifs to work, I may need to install
certain modules for a DNS-323

I have samba-small and tried to install the full packages, so I can get
the needed modules but get errors for each. Your help is greatly
appreciated. Here is the common error:

Installing samba (3.5.22-1) to /Alt-F...
Downloading
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alt-f/files/pkgs/unstable/samba_3.5.22-1_arm.ipk
Installing acl (2.2.52-1) to /Alt-F...
Downloading
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alt-f/files/pkgs/unstable/acl_2.2.52-1_arm.ipk
Installing attr (2.4.47-1) to /Alt-F...
Downloading
http://sourceforge.net/projects/alt-f/files/pkgs/unstable/attr_2.4.47-1_arm.ipk
Stopping smbd: OK.
Stopping nmbd: OK.
Configuring acl
Configuring attr
An error ocurred, return value: 24.
Collected errors:
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/etc/init.d/S61smb
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/sbin/umount.cifs
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/sbin/nmbd
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/sbin/smbd
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/sbin/swat
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/sbin/mount.cifs
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/www/cgi-bin/smb.cgi
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/www/cgi-bin/smb_proc.cgi
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/www/smb_hlp.html
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/bin/smbstatus
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/bin/smbtree
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/bin/smbpasswd
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file
/Alt-F/usr/swat/help/welcome-no-samba-doc.html
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/swat/include/footer.html
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/swat/include/header.html
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/swat/images/wizard.gif
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/swat/images/home.gif
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/swat/images/globals.gif
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/swat/images/status.gif
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/swat/images/printers.gif
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/swat/images/samba.gif
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/swat/images/viewconfig.gif
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/swat/images/shares.gif
But that file is already provided by package samba-small
Package samba wants to install file /Alt-F/usr/swat/images/passwd.gif
But that file is already provided by package samba-small

João Cardoso

Jul 5, 2016, 11:16:53 AM7/5/16
to Alt-F, notoneo...@gmx.de

On Monday, 4 July 2016 21:38:00 UTC+1, notoneofmy wrote:
I read in the forum that to get cifs to work, I may need to install
certain modules for a DNS-323

The most needed cifs/nfs modules come in the basic firmware. Other kernel modules need the kernel-modules-<arch> package. Samba does not contains any kernel modules.

[root@DNS-320L]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Not tainted
usblp                   8284  0
[root@DNS-320L]# modprobe cifs
[root@DNS-320L]# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by    Not tainted
cifs                  207204  0
usblp                   8284  0

I have samba-small and tried to install the full packages,
so I can get the needed modules

you want get them there

but get errors for each. Your help is greatly
appreciated. Here is the common error:

That might be an issue. Fill in a bug report referring this post or I will forgot to fix it.