java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: alluxio.yarn.Client

Harel Gliksman

Sep 8, 2016, 1:21:21 PM9/8/16
to Alluxio Users
I am trying to start Alluxio under Yarn on an Amazon EMR cluster ( 1 master 1 node ).

When running integration/bin/alluxio-yarn.sh 1 hdfs:///tmp_alluxio masterDNS
I hit:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: alluxio.yarn.Client
at org.apache.hadoop.util.RunJar.run(RunJar.java:214)

Thanks for any help,
Harel.

Harel Gliksman

Sep 8, 2016, 1:23:43 PM9/8/16
to Alluxio Users
Skipped important details:
using emr-5.0.0 ( hadoop 2.7.2 ) and Alluxio 1.2.0

Andrew Audibert

Sep 8, 2016, 1:34:24 PM9/8/16
to Harel Gliksman, Alluxio Users
Hi Harel,

The missing class, alluxio.yarn.Client, is only compiled into the Alluxio jar when the -Pyarn profile is provided to the maven build. See the "Configure Alluxio integration with Yarn" section of http://www.alluxio.org/docs/master/en/Running-Alluxio-on-EC2-Yarn.html

Best,
Andrew

and...@alluxio.com

Sep 9, 2016, 12:37:24 PM9/9/16
to Alluxio Users, hare...@google.com
Hi Harel,

Did compiling with -Pyarn solve your problem?

Best,
Andrew

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 10:34:24 AM UTC-7, Andrew Audibert wrote:
Hi Harel,

The missing class, alluxio.yarn.Client, is only compiled into the Alluxio jar when the -Pyarn profile is provided to the maven build. See the "Configure Alluxio integration with Yarn" section of http://www.alluxio.org/docs/master/en/Running-Alluxio-on-EC2-Yarn.html

Best,
Andrew

Harel Gliksman

Sep 12, 2016, 6:32:07 AM9/12/16
to and...@alluxio.com, Alluxio Users
Hi,

It did help.
I got confused because I had downloaded alluxio-1.2.0-hadoop2.7-bin.tar.gz from
http://downloads.alluxio.org/downloads/files/1.2.0/ and expected its build to include the Yarn classes.

Thanks for the quick reply!

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 7:37 PM, <and...@alluxio.com> wrote:
Hi Harel,

Did compiling with -Pyarn solve your problem?

Best,
Andrew

On Thursday, September 8, 2016 at 10:34:24 AM UTC-7, Andrew Audibert wrote:
Hi Harel,

The missing class, alluxio.yarn.Client, is only compiled into the Alluxio jar when the -Pyarn profile is provided to the maven build. See the "Configure Alluxio integration with Yarn" section of http://www.alluxio.org/docs/master/en/Running-Alluxio-on-EC2-Yarn.html

Best,
Andrew

and...@alluxio.com

Sep 12, 2016, 3:07:32 PM9/12/16
to Alluxio Users, and...@alluxio.com
Thanks for confirming.

I see how that's confusing. We'll look into either compiling with -Pyarn by default or releasing yarn-compiled artifacts in the next release. Currently we don't include the Yarn dependency in the main artifact because we want to have fewer dependencies and keep the jar smaller.

Best,
Andrew