Hadoop Wordcount ran on Tachyon showing ClassNotFoundException Exception

unmesha sreeveni

Jan 11, 2016, 12:46:25 AM1/11/16
to Tachyon Users
I am trying to run Hadoop Wordcount on Tachyon. I followed this link. But once I run wordcount Jar with below command.

hadoop jar HadoopWordCount-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar edu.WordCount -libjars tachyon-client-0.7.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar tachyon://tachyon_ip:19998/wordcountsample/word2.txtaa /OUT/wcTachyon

I am getting below error.

Error: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class tachyon.hadoop.TFS not found
    at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.getClass(Configuration.java:2112)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.getFileSystemClass(FileSystem.java:2578)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:2591)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$200(FileSystem.java:91)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.getInternal(FileSystem.java:2630)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:2612)
    at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Path.getFileSystem(Path.java:296)

Initially I was getting "no filesystem for scheme tachyon" But once I set the congigurations in core-site and hdfs-site I am getting " java.lang.ClassNotFoundException". I am new to Tachyon. Am I doing anything wrong. Please help me with this issue.

Jiří Šimša

Jan 11, 2016, 10:42:08 AM1/11/16
to unmesha sreeveni, Tachyon Users
HI Umesha,

The problem you are seeing occurs when Hadoop cannot find the Tachyon jar. Did you follow this step from the documentation:

export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=/<PATH_TO_TACHYON>/clients/client/target/tachyon-client-0.8.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar

Also, the documentation suggests to use an absolute path for the libjars argument:

$ hadoop jar hadoop-examples-1.2.1.jar wordcount -libjars /<PATH_TO_TACHYON>/clients/client/target/tachyon-client-0.8.2-jar-with-dependencies.jar <INPUT FILES> <OUTPUT DIRECTORY>

while the command you sent uses a relative path. Hope this helps.

Best,

Jiří Šimša

Calvin Jia

Feb 1, 2016, 1:47:58 AM2/1/16
to Tachyon Users, unmes...@gmail.com
Hi Unmesha,

Did Jiri's suggestion solve the problem?

Thanks,
Calvin

unmesha sreeveni

Feb 1, 2016, 2:05:13 AM2/1/16
to Calvin Jia, Tachyon Users
It was on hold.
Will let you know once I start with Tachyon.
Thanks for the concern.
--
Thanks & Regards

Unmesha Sreeveni U.B
Hadoop, Bigdata Developer
Centre for Cyber Security | Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham