Write data to alluxio report error java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Carl H

Mar 8, 2017, 2:40:58 AM3/8/17
to alluxi...@googlegroups.com
Version: 1.4.0
I have tried to write data to alluxio, either from command line or through spark job,  both were failed.

alluxio.exception.UnexpectedAlluxioException: java.lang.RuntimeException: alluxio.exception.UnexpectedAlluxioException: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException): java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

Master didn't print any log, even browse the web page.

Carl H

Mar 8, 2017, 2:49:16 AM3/8/17
to Alluxio Users

在 2017年3月8日星期三 UTC+8下午3:40:58,Carl H写道:
Version: 1.4.0
I have tried to write data to alluxio, either from command line or through spark job,  both were failed.

alluxio.exception.UnexpectedAlluxioException: java.lang.RuntimeException: alluxio.exception.UnexpectedAlluxioException: java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException(java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException): java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

After I restart master, error log shows like:
2017-03-08 15:45:42,332 ERROR logger.type (ServerUtils.java:run) - Uncaught exception while running Alluxio master, stopping it and exiting.
java.lang.RuntimeException: alluxio.exception.FileDoesNotExistException: inodeId 10203 does not exist
        at alluxio.master.file.FileSystemMaster.processJournalEntry(FileSystemMaster.java:327)

 However, I check hdfs is normal.

Bin Fan

Mar 8, 2017, 12:43:53 PM3/8/17
to Alluxio Users
Hi Carl,

I think the master failed to start.

If this is blocking you, you can try to run
$bin/alluxio-start.sh all -f
to restart the entire deployment from clean state, with erasing all previous files / directories in Alluxio (only in Alluxio).
Note that HDFS files will not be affected.

Bin Fan

Mar 8, 2017, 1:00:30 PM3/8/17
to Alluxio Users
Meanwhile, I think the master failed to process some journal entry.
Is the previous master journal also from Alluxio 1.4?

- Bin