java.io.IOException: Failed to login: No Alluxio User is found. Current login principals are...

wjli...@gmail.com

Mar 15, 2017, 10:34:54 PM3/15/17
to Alluxio Users
Hi
    When I used Alluxio in Spark-Shell, I encountered the following problem (Spark version 2.1.0, Alluxio version 1.3.0 and I did not use HADOOP):

17/03/16 10:07:49 INFO type: Alluxio client (version 1.3.0) is trying to connect with FileSystemMasterClient master @ /xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:19998
java.io.IOException: Failed to login: No Alluxio User is found. Current login principals are [UnixPrincipal: xxx, UnixNumericUserPrincipal: 1001, UnixNumericGroupPrincipal [Primary Group]: 1001, xxx].
 If you are running hadoop with Alluxio, please double check whether you have alluxio client jar included in HADOOP_CLASSPATH. Otherwise, you are expected to see this error.
  at alluxio.security.LoginUser.login(LoginUser.java:98)
  at alluxio.security.LoginUser.get(LoginUser.java:57)
  at alluxio.security.authentication.PlainSaslTransportProvider.getClientTransport(PlainSaslTransportProvider.java:53)
  at alluxio.AbstractClient.connect(AbstractClient.java:173)
  at alluxio.AbstractClient.retryRPC(AbstractClient.java:346)
  at alluxio.client.file.FileSystemMasterClient.getStatus(FileSystemMasterClient.java:183)
  at alluxio.client.file.BaseFileSystem.getStatus(BaseFileSystem.java:176)
  at alluxio.client.file.BaseFileSystem.getStatus(BaseFileSystem.java:168)
  at alluxio.hadoop.AbstractFileSystem.getFileStatus(AbstractFileSystem.java:293)
  at alluxio.hadoop.FileSystem.getFileStatus(FileSystem.java:25)
  at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Globber.getFileStatus(Globber.java:57)
  at org.apache.hadoop.fs.Globber.glob(Globber.java:252)
  at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.globStatus(FileSystem.java:1676)
  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileInputFormat.singleThreadedListStatus(FileInputFormat.java:259)
  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileInputFormat.listStatus(FileInputFormat.java:229)
  at org.apache.hadoop.mapred.FileInputFormat.getSplits(FileInputFormat.java:315)
  at org.apache.spark.rdd.HadoopRDD.getPartitions(HadoopRDD.scala:202)
  at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$partitions$2.apply(RDD.scala:252)
  at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$partitions$2.apply(RDD.scala:250)
  at scala.Option.getOrElse(Option.scala:121)
  at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.partitions(RDD.scala:250)
  at org.apache.spark.rdd.MapPartitionsRDD.getPartitions(MapPartitionsRDD.scala:35)
  at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$partitions$2.apply(RDD.scala:252)
  at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD$$anonfun$partitions$2.apply(RDD.scala:250)
  at scala.Option.getOrElse(Option.scala:121)
  at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.partitions(RDD.scala:250)
  at org.apache.spark.SparkContext.runJob(SparkContext.scala:1958)
  at org.apache.spark.rdd.RDD.count(RDD.scala:1157)
  ... 48 elided

     But I use the Spark 2.0.1 is normal, I also tried using Alluxio 1.4.0 in the Spark 2.1.0, but still have the above problem.
     Finally, after a constant attempt, I found that the following configuration of Alluxio can make the normal use in the Spark 2.1.0 version (Alluxio server and the client should use the configuration):
alluxio.security.authorization.permission.enabled=false
alluxio.security.authentication.type=NOSASL

     I do not know what kind of impact this will bring to Alluxio, but only this configuration can be used normally.

Bin Fan

Mar 17, 2017, 11:04:57 AM3/17/17
to Alluxio Users
Hi

even you don't use Hadoop, could you still try the following two options and see if that works for you:

- set $HADOOP_CLASSPATH as suggested to include your alluxio client jar.
Even you don't use Hadoop, Spark somehow respects this environment variable.

- set $HADOOP_CONF_DIR env-var pointing to $ALLUXIO_HOME/conf

- Bin

Gene Pang

May 19, 2017, 12:03:42 PM5/19/17
to Alluxio Users
Hi,

I think this is related to this bug: https://alluxio.atlassian.net/browse/ALLUXIO-2828 which was fixed with this PR: https://github.com/Alluxio/alluxio/pull/5302

You can try out the latest Alluxio code to see if that works for you.

Thanks,
Gene

Gene Pang

Jun 14, 2017, 1:36:22 PM6/14/17