GlusterFS 3.4.6 and Tachyon 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT : Cannot format master with Glusterfs as underFileSystem

Fanny Martin

Jul 20, 2015, 10:17:54 AM7/20/15
to tachyo...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I changed last week for the new version of Tachyon but I can't format anymore when using glusterfs as underfilesystem.

I have run :
mvn clean install -Dtest.profile=glusterfs -Dhadoop.version=2.3.0 -Dtachyon.underfs.glusterfs.mounts=/mnt/gluster -Dtachyon.underfs.glusterfs.volumes=testvol -DskipTests

But I get the following exception for formatting the master when launching ./bin/tachyon format :

Connecting to 212.128.53.12 as root...
Connecting to 212.128.53.13 as root...
Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
Pseudo-terminal will not be allocated because stdin is not a terminal.
Formatting Tachyon Worker @ gfsnode-1.localdomain
Formatting Tachyon Worker @ gfsnode-2.localdomain
Formatting Tachyon Master @ 212.128.53.12
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: All eligible Under File Systems were unable to create an instance for the given path: glusterfs:///212.128.53.12:9000/tmp/tachyon/data
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Class org.apache.hadoop.fs.glusterfs.GlusterFileSystem not found
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not create a Path from a null string
        at tachyon.underfs.UnderFileSystemRegistry.create(UnderFileSystemRegistry.java:132)
        at tachyon.underfs.UnderFileSystem.get(UnderFileSystem.java:99)
        at tachyon.underfs.UnderFileSystem.get(UnderFileSystem.java:83)
        at tachyon.Format.formatFolder(Format.java:38)
        at tachyon.Format.main(Format.java:77)

I use the same tachyon-env.sh file as the one as used for the previous version of tachyon 0.7.0-SNAPSHOT I used :

export TACHYON_UNDERFS_ADDRESS=glusterfs:///212.128.53.12
export TACHYON_UNDERFS_GLUSTER_VOLUMES=testvol
export TACHYON_UNDERFS_GLUSTER_MOUNTS=/mnt/gluster
export TACHYON_UNDERFS_GLUSTER_MR_DIR=glusterfs:///mapred/system

Can you help me please to resolve this issue ? Am I missing some new configuration steps ? Why is the org.apache.hadoop.fs.glusterfs.GlusterFileSystem class not found ?

Thanks in advance for your answer,
Fanny

Calvin Jia

Jul 20, 2015, 1:39:40 PM7/20/15
to tachyo...@googlegroups.com, fnn....@gmail.com
Hi Fanny,

Could you try adding this dependency to underfs/glusterfs/pom.xml

<dependency>
  <groupId>org.gluster</groupId>
  <artifactId>glusterfs-hadoop</artifactId>
  <version>2.3.13</version>
</dependency>

Thanks,
Calvin

Fanny Martin

Jul 21, 2015, 4:04:08 AM7/21/15
to tachyo...@googlegroups.com, fnn....@gmail.com
Hi Calvin,

Thanks for your answer !
After adding this dependency to underfs/glusterfs/pom.xml
and adding the following properties to TACHYON_HOME/conf/core-site.xml, it works well.

<property>
    <name>fs.glusterfs.impl</name>
    <value>org.apache.hadoop.fs.glusterfs.GlusterFileSystem</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>fs.AbstractFileSystem.glusterfs.impl</name>
    <value>org.apache.hadoop.fs.local.GlusterFs</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>fs.default.name</name>
    <value>glusterfs:///</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>fs.glusterfs.volumes</name>
    <value>testvol</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>fs.glusterfs.mount</name>
    <value>/mnt/gluster</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>fs.glusterfs.volume.fuse.testvol</name>
    <value>/mnt/gluster</value>
  </property>

Haoyuan Li

Jul 21, 2015, 4:06:50 AM7/21/15