Re: Alluxio Fuse

Yupeng Fu

Oct 10, 2016, 11:34:09 PM10/10/16
to Amran Chen, Alluxio Users
Hi Amran,

Is there more error message in the log?
You need to make sure libfuse is installed, and the mount point exists as well as is empty.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 8:13 PM, Amran Chen <amran...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Guys,

I created a directory as below:

userceph@hadoop:~$ cd data/
userceph@hadoop:~/data$ ls
myfile.txt
userceph@hadoop:~/data$

I want to use alluxio fuse to mount the directory, but i found an error in fuse.out like below:

userceph@hadoop:~/alluxio-1.3.0-RC2/logs$ cat fuse.out
fuse: mountpoint is not empty
fuse: if you are sure this is safe, use the 'nonempty' mount option
Exception in thread "main" ru.serce.jnrfuse.FuseException: Unable to mount FS
        at ru.serce.jnrfuse.AbstractFuseFS.mount(AbstractFuseFS.java:245)
        at alluxio.fuse.AlluxioFuse.main(AlluxioFuse.java:70)
Caused by: ru.serce.jnrfuse.FuseException: Unable to mount FS, return code = 1
        at ru.serce.jnrfuse.AbstractFuseFS.mount(AbstractFuseFS.java:241)
        ... 1 more

Any solution for this problem ?

Thank you Guys ~~

Amran Chen

Oct 11, 2016, 2:54:12 AM10/11/16
to Alluxio Users, amran...@gmail.com
Hi Yupeng,

I could mount with local server path..

But how to mount with other server paths not in the same local server with alluxio fuse?

Thank you

Yupeng Fu於 2016年10月11日星期二 UTC+8上午11時34分09秒寫道:

Yupeng Fu

Oct 11, 2016, 12:06:23 PM10/11/16
to Amran Chen, Alluxio Users
Hi Amran,

What's the purpose of doing this? Alluxio is a distributed system, so the local mount will give you access to Alluxio space, which is distributed.

Cheers,
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to alluxio-users+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Amran Chen

Oct 12, 2016, 11:28:44 AM10/12/16
to Alluxio Users, amran...@gmail.com
Dear Yupeng,
I meant it can distribute to other server paths...the alluxio space file can share to other servers...

Yupeng Fu於 2016年10月12日星期三 UTC+8上午12時06分23秒寫道:

Yupeng Fu

Oct 12, 2016, 12:28:18 PM10/12/16
to Amran Chen, Alluxio Users
Fuse mounts to your local directory. Once it's mounted, accessing it is no different from accessing any file system path. So you may want to use tools like scp or ssh for accessing it in the network.

Amran Chen

Oct 23, 2016, 11:03:08 AM10/23/16
to Alluxio Users
Yupeng.