Tachyon and GlusterFS: Under File Systems were unable to create glusterfs://HD3:24007/tmp/data

Huichao Zhao

Jul 6, 2015, 8:19:39 PM7/6/15
to tachyo...@googlegroups.com
Can any body help me to resolve this weird issue?

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: All eligible Under File Systems were unable to create an instance for the given path: glusterfs://HD3:24007/Tachyon22/tmp/tachyon/data
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can not create a Path from a null string

        at tachyon.underfs.UnderFileSystemRegistry.create(UnderFileSystemRegistry.java:132)
        at tachyon.underfs.UnderFileSystem.get(UnderFileSystem.java:85)
        at tachyon.underfs.UnderFileSystem.get(UnderFileSystem.java:69)
        at tachyon.Format.formatFolder(Format.java:38)
        at tachyon.Format.main(Format.java:77)

Huichao Zhao

Jul 6, 2015, 8:24:35 PM7/6/15
to tachyo...@googlegroups.com
【tachyon-env.sh】 setting shown as follow:
export TACHYON_MASTER_ADDRESS=HD3
export TACHYON_UNDERFS_ADDRESS=glusterfs://HD3:24007/Tachyon22
export TACHYON_UNDERFS_GLUSTER_VOLUMES=Tachyon22
export TACHYON_UNDERFS_GLUSTER_MOUNTS=/mnt/Tachyon22

在 2015年7月7日星期二 UTC+8上午8:19:39,Huichao Zhao写道:

Bin Fan

Jul 6, 2015, 8:52:27 PM7/6/15
to Huichao Zhao, tachyo...@googlegroups.com
Hi Huichao,

Which Tachyon version are you currently running?

- Bin

Huichao Zhao

Jul 8, 2015, 3:52:56 PM7/8/15
to tachyo...@googlegroups.com

Jul 8, 2015, 6:36:01 PM7/8/15
to Huichao Zhao, tachyo...@googlegroups.com
hi Huichao,

did you run format Tachyon?

- Bin

Huichao Zhao

Jul 8, 2015, 7:40:49 PM7/8/15
to Bin Fan, tachyo...@googlegroups.com
Yes.
when I run format, the cluster show a warning:
      WARNING: tachyon.master.pinlist is set but no longer supported! Please use the pin function in the TFS Shell instead

I ignore it and start tachyon cluster by: sudo ./tachyon-start.sh all SudoMount
All workers are start success but master?
the log show as follow:

      WARNING: tachyon.master.pinlist is set but no longer supported! Please use the pin function in the TFS Shell instead.
      Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Tachyon was not formatted! The journal folder is        /home/exeray/opt/tachyon-0.6.4-src/libexec/../journal/
at com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:149)
at tachyon.master.TachyonMaster.<init>(TachyonMaster.java:115)
at tachyon.master.TachyonMaster.main(TachyonMaster.java:60)

Bin Fan

Jul 8, 2015, 8:10:24 PM7/8/15
to Huichao Zhao, tachyo...@googlegroups.com
hi Huichao,

It seems the journal folder is not formatted correctly.
Could you share more the output of Tachyon format?

- Bin