setting up alluxio.worker.tieredstore.levels=2 is giving me parsing exception

Mayuresh Pandey

Sep 13, 2016, 6:38:15 AM9/13/16
to Alluxio Users
Hi Guys,

I am not able to figure out when I try to set it up this (alluxio.worker.tieredstore.levels=2) parameter worker is not getting started and end up in exception below.

2016-09-13 15:04:34,552 ERROR logger.type (AlluxioWorker.java:<init>) - Failed to initialize alluxio.worker.AlluxioWorker
java.lang.RuntimeException: Configuration cannot evaluate key alluxio.worker.tieredstore.levels as integer
        at alluxio.Configuration.getInt(Configuration.java:242)
        at alluxio.StorageTierAssoc.<init>(StorageTierAssoc.java:43)
        at alluxio.WorkerStorageTierAssoc.<init>(WorkerStorageTierAssoc.java:28)
        at alluxio.worker.block.BlockWorkerClientServiceHandler.<init>(BlockWorkerClientServiceHandler.java:57)
        at alluxio.worker.block.BlockWorker.<init>(BlockWorker.java:133)
        at alluxio.worker.AlluxioWorker.<init>(AlluxioWorker.java:157)
        at alluxio.worker.AlluxioWorker.get(AlluxioWorker.java:104)
        at alluxio.worker.AlluxioWorker.main(AlluxioWorker.java:82)

Any idea, When I comment this parameter worker get starts but Storage usage summary does not show HDD or SDD. Only MEM is visible.

Regards
Mayuresh

WorkerProperties_alluxiosite.txt

Jiří Šimša

Sep 13, 2016, 10:45:54 AM9/13/16
to Mayuresh Pandey, Alluxio Users
Hi Mayuresh,

I used the file you attached for alluxio-site.properties of a new Alluxio 1.2 deployment and the system came up fine:

The one thing I did, was to remove the ALLUXIO_WORKER_MEMORY_SIZE setting from conf/alluxio-env.sh to prevent it from overriding the one in the properties file. But even without this change, the cluster would come up fine (with the correct number of tiers).

One thing for you to try would be to add a log statement to the getInt method to actually print the value that fails to parse as an integer. I suspect it will not be "2".

Best,

Jiří Šimša

Mayuresh Pandey

Sep 13, 2016, 2:28:14 PM9/13/16
to Alluxio Users, mayures...@gmail.com
Hi Jiří ,

Thanks a lot for yur mail, property had some trailing space character alluxio.worker.tieredstore.levels=2 :)
worked finally.

Regards
Mayuresh.

Jiří Šimša

Sep 13, 2016, 2:29:41 PM9/13/16
to Mayuresh Pandey, Alluxio Users
I am happy to hear that you were able to resolve the issue.

Cheers,