Join Transition & Sustainability Colleagues TONIGHT at Green Night in Northampton - 4:30 p.m. at Clarion Hotel

1 view

Tina Clarke

Jun 12, 2013, 8:52:26 AM6/12/13
to transition...@googlegroups.com, transiti...@googlegroups.com, transition...@googlegroups.com, allthings...@googlegroups.com, Sam Stegeman
Dear Transition Friends,

If you are free tonight, come be seen and network!  Transition is the topic at Green Night (formerly known as Green Drinks).

TONIGHT:  June 12, at 4:30 p.m.
WHERE:  Clarion Hotel  -- 1 Atwood Drive in Northampton, just off Route 5 south of the Exit 18 ramps to I-91)
WHAT:  Transition Talk and networking with green professionals & green neighbors  [See below]

Whatever you're doing personally, in your neighborhood, in your town or in our Western Mass Hub to build resilience, I'll invite you to stand and say your name, community, and a sentence or two on whatever you'd like.  There will be great people to talk to -- this is a monthly networking event for western MA green business and sustainability folks.  With so many great projects are happening in our area, together we can explore more ways to strengthen community resilience and transitioning.

With 400 ppm C02, perhaps more minds are opening to the urgency of connecting as neighbors and doing more to reduce our dependency on fossil fuels, and our greenhouse gas emissions, as we strengthen our local economies and communities.  I'll emphasize that its not important what names we use to describe our efforts -- Transition, Resilience, Green, Sustainable, Local.  What's important is connecting with each other for mutual support and transformation of our communities.

If you have a Transition-like project you're doing, I'll speak less so that all of you can announce your project/work.  Feel free to send someone else if you can't come.  Or send me something to print out.  Or information for a PowerPoint slide and I'll put you in.
  • Judy Phillips - Let's announce the 2nd Annual Transition Film Festival dates!
  • Congrats to Sue Bridge and Diane Poland of Transition Conway forseth the Conway Master Plan
  • Lilly & Grow Food Northampton
  • Greening Greenfield's food and community projects, building on many years of excellent work!
  • Transition Amherst was the launching point for the All Things Local Store (we have a site in downtown Amherst!!) and Grow Food Amherst (inspired by Lilly!)
  • Your community Transition project here.
Warm Regards,
Tina