A presence at Coop Power's May 11th Summit, and a discount on a ticket

1 view

John R White

Apr 29, 2013, 8:32:25 AM4/29/13
to transiti...@googlegroups.com, allthings...@googlegroups.com
Dear Friends,

Co-op Power is inviting Transition Amherst to become a community co-sponsor of the Co-op Power Sustainability Summit. By using the code Transition you (any individual using the code) will get a 10% discount until 24 hours before the conference. If at least FIVE members sign up we can table at the event.   (See below for details about the conference.)

Transition Amherst and All Things Local Market can have a table at the conference if only five people from out mailing lists sign up.  If you have already signed up, let Coop Power know that you are part of our network.  This can be a great way to network with lots of new people who are interested in sustainable living and local development.

Please consider signing up for the Summit and be sure to mention Transition as the promotional code.  If this effort is successful and we get a table, please consider whether you can help at the table on the event day.  You must sign up no later than May 10th.  A fuller explanation is below.

Thanks for your consideration,

John White
TA and All Things Local Market Committee

Community Sponsors for Co-op Power's Sustainability Summit

Co-op Power's 9th Annual Sustainability Summit will be held on Saturday, May 11th at Hampshire College in Amherst, MA from 9:00AM-4:00PM. Our Annual Meeting will directly follow the Summit from 4-6:30 and all are welcome to attend.

The Summit is a great opportunity to share ideas with like-minded people on topics from green business development and community finance to sustainable heating options and green energy. It's a chance to figure out what resources are available going forward.

We expect vibrant discussions about our society and our environment. Keynote speaker, Halina Brown, of Clark University and the Sustainable Consumption Action and Research Initiative, will speak on the interconnection of consumerism, technology, environmental destruction, and the need to develop new cooperative-based economies.

We want to make sure that activist groups and people passionate about the environment and social justice have a place at the summit to add their excitement and expertise! There are a few options of ways to be involved:

1) Sponsor or exhibit at the Summit- Booths cost $100 for non-profits, $150 for for-profit businesses. The exhibit area is in the courtyard of Franklin Patterson Hall at Hampshire College. You'll get a 10x10 space, one six-foot table, and two chairs. We recommend bringing a tent in case of rain and/or sun.

2) Become a community sponsor. We recognize that many activist organizations don't have a big budget. However, you do have human capital. You can become a community sponsor by helping to promote the Sustainability Summit.  Basically, this means to help promote the Summit.

We track how many people use your unique promotional code. If 5 people sign up, you get a half table in the exhibitor area and your name listed on our website and program.

Here's a look at what to expect at the Summit:

* Nine tracks of three workshops around themes that illuminate different aspects of sustainability. Themes include electricity, energy efficiency, cooperative development, green business development, sustainability in the pioneer valley, biodiesel, and sustainable heating.
* A catered lunch
* A Facilitated Discussion with keynote speaker, Halina Brown
* An exhibitor area where activist groups and green businesses can connect with attendees
* 4-6:30 PM: Co-op Power's Annual Meeting and Potluck. Members will make decisions about cooperation and autonomy among our decentralized network of local organizing councils.

You can view the Sustainability Summit page on our website here <http://www.cooppower.coop/event-calendar/sustainability-summit-2013 <https://owa.keene.edu/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.cooppower.coop/event-calendar/sustainability-summit-2013> > .

Let me know if you have any questions!