SMTP Relay

Alistair Spark

Jun 26, 2013, 7:09:27 AM6/26/13
to allou...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

Me again, ..

Password reset emails are not being sent out, I have already configured postfix to use the smtp relay and that is clearly working ok but not sure how ruby/clearance/allourideas handles smtp relays. Is there an easy fix?

Thanks

Luke Baker

Jun 26, 2013, 8:32:34 AM6/26/13
to allou...@googlegroups.com
The files you'll want to edit are:

config/initializers/mail.rb
config/environment.rb

Here's a guide on configuring Rails' email settings:

http://guides.rubyonrails.org/action_mailer_basics.html#action-mailer-configuration

If postfix is running locally and is successfully sending email, it
sounds like maybe you want to change the delivery_method from:
config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :smtp

to:

config.action_mailer.delivery_method = :sendmail

in config/environment.rb

If that's not the case, then maybe you just need to update the smtp
settings in config/initializers/mail.rb.

Luke