Problems with Passenger

Marco DeLuca

Feb 24, 2014, 12:21:44 PM2/24/14
to allou...@googlegroups.com
Hey guys,

We're able to get AOI running just fine with WEBrick, or Thin, or Passenger standalone but as soon as I try to run it with passenger_module for Apache, we start running into problems. Right, now, I've got a virtualhost for a subdomain setup, and I'm getting this error:

undefined method `source_index' for Gem:Module (NoMethodError)

Im running out of ideas of how to troubleshoot. The app works just fine obviously in every way except with mod_passenger. Any suggestions of where to look? I'm 9+ hours into searching the web and trying different solutions to no avail.

Luke Baker

Feb 24, 2014, 12:28:39 PM2/24/14
to allou...@googlegroups.com
Based on this answer here: http://stackoverflow.com/a/15351437, it
sounds like you may be running RubyGems 2.0 or higher. You can check
by running gem -v. That answer includes a command to downgrade to an
earlier version of RubyGems.

Luke

Marco DeLuca

Feb 24, 2014, 12:29:24 PM2/24/14
to allou...@googlegroups.com
yah we're 2.2.2. We'll try to downgrade and see how that goes. Thanks!

Marco DeLuca

Feb 24, 2014, 12:40:12 PM2/24/14
to allou...@googlegroups.com
no dice:)  Troubleshooting continues...