Cannot get server installed on Ubuntu 12.04.

Warren Allen

Feb 6, 2014, 7:59:51 PM2/6/14
to allou...@googlegroups.com
Hi all. I have been working for a couple of days on trying to build an All Our Ideas server according to the the github instructions. I am no Ruby expert, but I don't think this is beyond my knowledge and experience. So, I am at the point where I really think I'm doing this right but it's just not working. Before I put more days of effort into troubleshooting and communicating my specific problems, I'd like to know if anyone has actually succeeded in building, on Ubuntu, with the instructions that are on github?

Thanks, and sorry for the sort-of general request...

Luke Baker

Feb 7, 2014, 4:30:37 PM2/7/14
to allou...@googlegroups.com
Hi Warren,

I've had success in the past in Ubuntu with those directions, however
I wrote them so maybe I missed something. :-)

If there's a particular error that you're having that would be helpful
in diagnosing exactly what the trouble seems to be.

Luke

Warren Allen

Feb 8, 2014, 1:48:49 PM2/8/14
to allou...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Luke. I think I'll try to accommodate my immediate needs with the website/widget and then get back to setting up a server. I'll get back in touch when I have the details on issues that come up.