Updated logo issues

Vincent Huckle

May 15, 2014, 4:01:27 PM5/15/14
to allou...@googlegroups.com
I am experiencing difficulties updating a logo on our installation of the server.  When I upload the new logo file (same dimensions as the one currently displayed), it appears microscopic and impossible to read.

Any ideas what the issue might be?

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Vincent Huckle
Director of IT
ASPPA

Luke Baker

May 15, 2014, 4:29:52 PM5/15/14
to allou...@googlegroups.com
Hmm, I can't say that I've seen that before. The Ruby gem that
processes the image upload is called paperclip. Paperclip passes the
image processing to ImageMagick's convert utility. You could try to
see if running convert manually on the file that you're attempting to
upload will properly resize the image. I wonder if there's something
peculiar about the original image itself.

Luke

Vincent Huckle

May 19, 2014, 8:06:58 AM5/19/14
to allou...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the information, but I'm not a linux guru.  Do you have any instructions on how to try the conversion you are talking about?

The currently working image is a jpg, as is the new image I am trying to load.  They are the same dimensions, and were created in the same version of photoshop.

Luke Baker

May 19, 2014, 2:33:57 PM5/19/14
to allou...@googlegroups.com
The commands that get run to create the thumbnails are as follows:

convert NAME_OF_FILE -resize "450x47>" NAME_OF_NEW_FILE1

convert NAME_OF_FILE -resize "150x150>" NAME_OF_NEW_FILE2

Luke