The Second Scientific Workshop on IPBES in Tokyo

Kunihiko Kobayashi

Feb 8, 2012, 12:11:05 PM2/8/12
to all_fo...@googlegroups.com
Dear all

As you may be know that The Ministry of the Environment of Japan will
hold the Second Scientific Workshop on International Science-Policy
Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES), in
collaboration with the United Nations University on 27-29 February
2012 in Tokyo. If I could participate to its workshop I would like to
report it. More details, please check the below URL.

http://www.env.go.jp/en/headline/headline.php?serial=1726 (English)

Kunihiko Kobayashi

2012/2/8 <pierre.co...@iucn.org>:
> Dear All,
> A brief mention about the 2nd session of the Plenary on IPBES. The
> advance version of all documents are now available on
> http://ipbes.net/plenary-sessions/second-session-of-plenary.html. This
> includes document IPBES.MI/2/2 which is about possible elements for
> the work programme. I advice a careful reading of this remarkable
> piece of work, which will be pivotal in the discussions.
>
> Las week, I also found inspiring the reading of an opinion published
> in TREE by G. Mace and colleagues about the relationships of
> biodiversity and ecosystem services. Here is the reference:
> Biodiversity and ecosystem services: a multilayered relationship by
> Georgina M. Mace, Ken Norris, Alastair H. Fitter in Trends in Ecology
> and Evolution, January 2012, Vol.27 No 1, pp19-26.
>

> Best regards,
> Pierre Commenville
> IUCN work programme on IPBES
>
> --
> For more information on the involvement of civil society in IPBES, please visit www.iucn.org/ipbes
> For more information on IPBES, please visit www.ipbes.net
> The Stakeholder Forum on IPBES is established and moderated by the IUCN Programme on IPBES. For assistance or additional information, please write to ip...@iucn.org
> For more options, visit this group online at
> http://groups.google.com/group/all_for_ipbes

Kunihiko Kobayashi
Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies,
Sophia University
A SEED JAPAN Biodiversity Project Leader
Secretariat of Japan committee for IUCN

Mobile:+81-80-5378-2776
Skype:kobachi14
Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/kunihiko.kobayashi