IPBES-2 next week

COMMENVILLE Pierre

Dec 4, 2013, 4:36:15 AM12/4/13
to all_fo...@googlegroups.com

Dear colleagues,

I’d like to use this channel to inform you about the progress towards IPBES-2, the second plenary meeting of IPBES.

You will find all documents that support this meeting at: http://ipbes.net/plenary/ipbes-2-documents.html

The meeting should see the adoption of the first work program of IPBES and I attach for your ease of reading a one-page summary of the draft that is submitted. The related official documents are IPBES/2/2 and IPBES/2/2Add1.

A stakeholder consultation will be held on 7 and 8 December before the opening of the session. Many observers will attend and share their views on the draft program and on procedures pending adoption, including IUCN (you will find our position paper at http://www.iucn.org/about/work/programmes/global_policy/gpu_our_work/ipbes/ipbes_and_iucn/vision/)

Good reading! We count on your interest to contribute to this process!

Best wishes,

Pierre Commenville
Programme Officer
Science and Knowledge Unit
IUCN (International Union for Conservation of Nature)
28 rue Mauverney, CH-1196 Gland, Switzerland

Tel. +41 22 999 0348; Fax +41 22 999 0002;

www.iucn.org and http://www.iucn.org/ipbes

WPC Email BannerENG.jpg

This communication, together with any attachment, may contain confidential information and/or copyright material and is intended only for the person(s) to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, you received it by error and you are asked to please delete it and promptly notify us. Any review, copying, use, disclosure or distribution of any part of this communication, unless duly authorized by or on behalf of IUCN, is strictly forbidden.
Overview IPBES work programme_rev1.docx