FAILED TO CREATE DIRECTORY FOR FILE STORAGE

blueflame....@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2017, 5:18:59 AM6/30/17
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Good day All,

Please i am having this error on Alfresco: Failed to create directory for file storage: D:\Alfresco\alf_data\contentstore\2017\6\29\15\13.

How do i resolve this as i am not able to upload documents to alfresco anymore.

My alfresco is installed on windows and i think i need to run "chown alfresco" but i don't know where to run it using windows.

thanks and regards,

Ejike

sujay pillai

Jun 30, 2017, 6:36:49 AM6/30/17
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Do you have enough storage on the server?

Regards,
Sujay Pillai

BlueFlame Engineering

Jun 30, 2017, 6:53:38 AM6/30/17
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Yes I do.

BR,

Ejike Chiboka
08166516400; 08022224537
BlueFlame Engineering Ltd

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 5:18 PM, <blueflame.engineering@gmail.com> wrote:
Good day All,

Please i am having this error on Alfresco: Failed to create directory for file storage: D:\Alfresco\alf_data\contentstore\2017\6\29\15\13.

How do i resolve this as i am not able to upload documents to alfresco anymore.

My alfresco is installed on windows and i think i need to run "chown alfresco" but i don't know where to run it using windows.

thanks and regards,

Ejike

blueflame....@gmail.com

mittal patoliya

Jun 30, 2017, 2:49:35 PM6/30/17
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com

In windows you can provide permissions directly through the UI. Just right click on that folder and open security tab.You will see self explanatory ui.

blueflame....@gmail.com

Jul 2, 2017, 11:07:03 AM7/2/17
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Would that help me resolve the challenge of not being able to upload documents into alfresco due to this error message: "Failed to create directory for file storage: D:\Alfresco\alf_data\contentstore\2017\6\29\15\13."

I learnt that to resolve this, i need to execute a "chown" in alfresco but this command can only be executed in linux, so how can i execute the same in windows since my alfresco instance is running on windows?

BR,

On 30-Jun-2017 10:19 AM, <blueflame....@gmail.com> wrote:
Good day All,

Please i am having this error on Alfresco: Failed to create directory for file storage: D:\Alfresco\alf_data\contentstore\2017\6\29\15\13.

How do i resolve this as i am not able to upload documents to alfresco anymore.

My alfresco is installed on windows and i think i need to run "chown alfresco" but i don't know where to run it using windows.

thanks and regards,

Ejike

blueflame....@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2017, 9:11:08 AM7/3/17
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Good day All,

Please anybody with a solution to help me out. I would really appreciate it.

BR,

Ejike