Bug when installing on OpenAFS mount

Karl-Philipp Richter

May 21, 2016, 2:10:53 PM5/21/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I seem to have discovered a failure of the alfresco 201604 installer (of
the start of the built-in PostgreSQL server to be precise) which
exclusively happens when installing to an OpenAFS mount. The feedback
about the failure for the user is quite unintuitive and the issue
reproducible. Does anyone care about such an exotic issue, i.e. should I
file it?

-Kalle

Richard Esplin

May 21, 2016, 2:14:16 PM5/21/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com, Karl-Philipp Richter
Interesting bug.

I think you should file it. It will help to have the details documented and it might be useful for someone in the future.

However, it isn't a supported scenario for Alfresco, so I won't be assigning it to an engineer for us to fix. I will mention it to engineers that I think might be interested, and if they don't see an immediate change they can make I will need to close it as "Not a Bug".

The issue tracker is here:

http://issues.alfresco.com

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Richard Esplin
Product Manager, Alfresco