How to Resolve the Installation error (initdb.exe)

Murali Krishna

Aug 10, 2016, 6:29:33 AM8/10/16
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
I am getting error while trying to install alfresco-community-installer-201605-win-64.exe

My system type:64-bit OS
Installation type:Easy
password:admin

Error:
There has been an error.
Error running initdb.exe -U SYSTEM-E UTF8 -D

"C/ALFRES~1/alf_data/POSTGR~1";Program ended with an error exit code
The application will exit now.

How to resolve this error (screenshot attached).
Looking forward for your response.

Thanks&Regards

installation_error.png

sujay pillai

Aug 10, 2016, 8:08:34 AM8/10/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Try this as an alternative as I don't have any idea about the error you specified.

alfresco-community-installer-201605-win-x64.exe --mode unattended --alfresco_admin_password admin

This should start a installation silently with default values.

Regards,
Sujay Pillai

Samuel Langlois

Aug 10, 2016, 9:01:46 AM8/10/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for your report

Would you mind creating a JIRA issue in the ALF project, so that we can look at it further? https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/projects/ALF/summary
We would also need:
  • the exact version of Windows you are using
  • the log file that the installer created, which will be in: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Temp\bitrock_installer_XXX.log

Thank you

--
Samuel Langlois
Build and Release Manager

Kevin Dorr

Aug 10, 2016, 11:36:40 AM8/10/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Murali -

This problem has been reported previously - here is a discussion about it with a possible fix. Good luck!

Kevin Dorr
Zia Consulting

Murali Krishna

Aug 11, 2016, 2:13:03 AM8/11/16
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Hello Samuel,

Am using windows 7 Ultimate
system type:   64bit Operating System
I attached the log file (bitrock_installer)

could you please check it out and provide me the solution for this!
bitrock_installer_4332.log

Murali Krishna

Aug 11, 2016, 7:34:03 AM8/11/16
to Alfresco Technical Discussion

Hello Sujay,
I used the command specified by you but still the same error is generating.
(alfresco-community-installer-201605-win-x64.exe --mode unattended --alfresco_admin_password admin)

should i use the option file as

For Windows:
alfresco-one-installer-201603-win-x64.exe --optionfile install_opts

either as an administrator, or by clicking yes on User Account Control window that pops up.
This is an example option file, which installs most components, uses an external database, and
does not install the start-up scripts:

mode=unattended
components=javaalfresco,alfrescowcmqs,libreofficecomponent
disable-components=postgres
# Use JDBC settings for an existing database
jdbc_url=jdbc:postgresql://localhost/alfresco
jdbc_driver=org.postgresql.Driver
jdbc_database=alfresco
jdbc_username=alfresco
jdbc_password=alfresco
# Install location
prefix=/opt/alfresco_51
alfresco_admin_password=admin
# Don't install init scripts
baseunixservice_install_as_service=0

sujay pillai

Aug 11, 2016, 7:47:55 AM8/11/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Did you add the user (current user executing the .exe) to Administrators group?

Regards,
Sujay Pillai

Murali Krishna

Aug 11, 2016, 8:16:39 AM8/11/16
to Alfresco Technical Discussion

cmd line shows
The specified account name is already a member of group.
localgroup.png