Custom user profile form

Patrícia Sousa

Mar 11, 2016, 9:10:09 AM3/11/16
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
How do I add new fields to a user profile? e.g. Telephone 1 Telephone 2 Telephone 3 ... I'm trying to use http://ecmarchitect.com/archives/2012/02/27/1555 but Alfresco community version 5 does not work. Someone can help me?

Jeff Potts

Mar 11, 2016, 10:14:59 AM3/11/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Code example is old but maybe it helps anyway...

Jeff

On Mar 11, 2016, at 9:10 AM, Patrícia Sousa <patrici...@gmail.com> wrote:

How do I add new fields to a user profile? e.g. Telephone 1 Telephone 2 Telephone 3 ... I'm trying to use http://ecmarchitect.com/archives/2012/02/27/1555 but Alfresco community version 5 does not work. Someone can help me?

Patrícia Sousa

Mar 11, 2016, 10:18:16 AM3/11/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the answer :)
I talk that in the question, I try that link but I can't put this working, because I get the error:

SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [Spring Surf Dispatcher Servlet] in context with path [/share] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException] with root cause java.lang.NullPointerException at  org.springframework.extensions.surf.ObjectPersistenceService.getObject(ObjectPersistenceService.java:128) at (...)

2016-03-09 18:47:06,039  ERROR [alfresco.web.site] [http-apr-8080-exec-2]  org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException java.lang.NullPointerException at org.springframework.extensions.surf.ObjectPersistenceService.getObject(ObjectPersistenceService.java:128)  at (...)

sujay pillai

Mar 12, 2016, 2:07:27 AM3/12/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Patricia,

Here is the updated code built using Alfresco SDK 2.2 and Alfresco 5.1

Regards,
Sujay Pillai

sujay pillai

Mar 12, 2016, 2:28:43 AM3/12/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Here is how the project setup looks in eclipse -

Inline image 1

Screenshot of My Profile page (Edit) :

Inline image 2

Regards,
Sujay Pillai

Patrícia Sousa

Mar 12, 2016, 6:18:12 AM3/12/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much ! It works fine for me :) You rock!

Patrícia Sousa

Mar 12, 2016, 6:41:10 AM3/12/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
One question, if I want a button, how can I save a identifier that is give me with button in the person object? I see the properties that exists but I don't know which I have to put in my situation

Enviado com MailTrack

Patrícia Sousa

Mar 12, 2016, 6:45:07 AM3/12/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
And where I have to put the function called by the button?

Enviado com MailTrack

Patrícia Sousa

Mar 16, 2016, 12:39:12 PM3/16/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
I'm with a problem with the code :( ... When I save changes of the profile, this makes a POST  to http://localhost:8080/share/service/components/profile/userprofile ... But in the code you have: /slingshot/profile/userprofile... I try to put components/profile/userprofile in JAVA class, but this gives me error 500 because alfresco/s/components/profile/userprofile doesn't exists. Can you help me?

Douglas C. R. Paes

Mar 16, 2016, 2:05:47 PM3/16/16
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
That's cool.