Webdav Drive Map Windows 7

Chris A

Jan 11, 2014, 10:14:13 AM1/11/14
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
I have seen hundreds of threads/suggestions as to how to map a drive to an alfresco space in wiindows 7. None seems to work in my case. We have alfresco 4.2e on sles11. I CAN map to an alfresco space on osx using http://example.com:port/alfresco/webdav/Sites/<site>/documentLibrary with no problem. I CAN access an alfresco space using any web browser. What i can not do is map a drive to an alfresco space using windows 7. I try both the map drive dialog box:

This just continuosly prompts for the users login credentials, which i know are correct. We just use <username>/<password>
And i try using this dialog box:
Well, it is not letting me upload that pic. I click on connect to website that you can store your docs and pics (found at thew bottom of the above pic).
Click next->choose a custom network location->in the resulting box enter the above url->and click next which returns the folder you entered does not appear to be valid.

How do you correctly map a drive to an alfresco space in windows 7?

Craig Nelson

Jan 11, 2014, 10:30:04 AM1/11/14
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Yes I am able to connect to community using webdav. Have you tried these instructions?

Chris A

Craig Nelson

Jan 11, 2014, 11:44:45 AM1/11/14
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com

Chris A

Jan 11, 2014, 12:48:35 PM1/11/14
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
I can not hit \\ip.address@8080\alfresco\webdav or \\ip.address@8443\alfresco\webdav or \\ip.address:8080\alfresco\webdav or
\\ip.address:8443\alfresco\webdav but can get to https://example.com:8443/alfresco/webdav/Sites/<site>\documentLibrary

Craig Nelson

Jan 11, 2014, 1:55:21 PM1/11/14
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
then if you can't mount https://example.com:8443/alfresco/webdav/Sites/<site>\documentLibrary then you have a problem with your windows 7 machine or you have a problem with a network port of some kind. Are you able to mount that URL with a mac or linux?

Chris A

Jan 11, 2014, 2:54:06 PM1/11/14
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
I can get to that last link. Reread my last post